Had a look at those can am things, bit out of my price range for what I want......grizzly may be the one I go for.

It's only for jobs around the place anyway and the place ain't that big.

May drag the topper round on occasion, carting feed, fencing etc

The nearest neighbour is about half a mile down the way and he happens to have a little business fixing quads and mowers so should be alright for repairs if needed

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd go can am ,wilf, had one at the Morpeth, great bit of kit. All the hill farmers round there have left Honda formans etc for can am bikes.

I've a grizzly and a Polaris in the shed not long ago sold a Honda 500 eps so had all 3 at once to compare, every day of the week I would go Polaris or can am when you bear in mind I do over 8000 mile

After some sound advice from JR Yipp and him highly praising the Honda.......I went for the Can Am !! Lol

Posted Images

I use that Kodiak for all that sort of stuff WILF, at a guess it does 500-1000 miles a year just general shoot work (the bulk of work is done with a Polaris Ranger). It's towing something more often than not, be that a trailer full of wheat or set of quad disks/roller. I'm not pretending to be an expert on them and Dan certainly puts quad after quad through it's paces, just speaking for the experience I have with that Kodiak. :thumbs:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Had a look at a few when i was looking to buy including can-am, nice looking quad with good features but it seems they have a common problem of the chassis breaking in the middle needing bracing and welding up, The one i was looking at was cheap as it had this problem and the way theu found out it had happens was the quad kept cutting out when it hit a bump due to the throttle body coming away. They had another one in stock which had already been repaired

Just sold my 350 Honda four track 1994 ......20 years old I still got £600 of a dealer ..in the eleven years I had it never missed a beat ..did the starter motor on it , serviced every year it did every thing I needed .To be fair I never thrashed it & mostly only used it for moving deer so it wasn't worked to the extent of Dan's but it worked every time I needed it to ..Just bought a 2008 420 Honda , 2/4 wd, manual change ..465hours on it for £2300 of treebay ...

post-81636-0-44853800-1415999117_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a honda big red 95 model it starts first touch of the button even when left out in freezing temperatures and still drives like brand new, doubt I could say the same about any other makes after 20 years of graft.

As has been said honda foreman 450 model, they later changed to 420's, are also a super quad but not as gutsy and rugged as the older 450's. I buy and sell a few and have kept my own 450 the past 6 or 7 years, 02 electric shift, selectable two or four wheel drive, they are a leader in there class by a long way and exceptional value for money and to hold there money,

• 2 weeks later...