Hancock Lurchers

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've kept lurchers for close to forty years, none of em directly from Hancock, and most of those were shite too!

As a general comment, rather than one about a specific breeder I can't see a problem with farmers culling stock or those who have spare puppies from a home bred litter culling those excess to requirem

Anthony,.you original question was a wee bit naive,...   You ask to hear the opinions from lads who have owned and used dogs, that came via David Hancock,.but,.only if they have something nice to sa

Posted Images

I took a mate years back to see a litter of 3/4 GREY 1/4 Beardie The litter was already 16 weeks but none sold. My mate wanted to have a think so we went home..A week or so later we popped over there with cash to get a dog pup. Mr Hancock was sorry but he had put the whole litter down because he couldnt justify there continued feeding.. Im not blaming him for that because has ive said hes a farmer trying to turn a profit,but dont forget when you lads are buying his stock that you are supporting that kind of practice..

• Like 2

I took a mate years back to see a litter of 3/4 GREY 1/4 Beardie The litter was already 16 weeks but none sold. My mate wanted to have a think so we went home..A week or so later we popped over there with cash to get a dog pup. Mr Hancock was sorry but he had put the whole litter down because he couldnt justify there continued feeding.. Im not blaming him for that because has ive said hes a farmer trying to turn a profit,but dont forget when you lads are buying his stock that you are supporting that kind of practice..

Its pretty obvious what happens...but that makes grim reading,bit of perspective perhaps :thumbs:

Its pretty obvious what happens...but that makes grim reading,bit of perspective perhaps :thumbs:

Grim,yes thats it,puppy farms are grim.

• Like 1

Puppy farmer this and that a couldn't care and can't believe people are being so negative not saying it's s good thing what he does but not all are poor dogs. Al say it once more it's the chance yer take I did now I would never look back. Zack my half cross to Arthur is one serious dog does all game Rhfpds, I would test this dog to any bull x and no what most would say. WOW, he's onistly that good do just about lunch some times

Its just 100% a collie greyhounds you no what your getting every time. He does what he does. Healthy dogs get put to sleep in compounds and dog homes everyday because people don't want them anymore. It his lively hood.

thats ok then

I really don't see the problem with getting a pup from Hancock, at least you're not being fleeced of £7-900 for a jackuhuahua or puglington or some other utterly ludicrous crossbred piece of uselessness, which there are plenty of people up and down the country breeding! Maybe not on the same scale as Hancock, but breeding enough litters to make themselves a very comfortable sum!

I've not bought a dog from there myself, but had one years ago that Taffy was the sire to, I took PLENTY of hares and deer with him, he was very fast and powerful, fabulous dog. Two of my mates bought dogs directly off Hancock years ago, 4 in total, and they all made very good allround dogs too. And my son now has a pup who's grandparents were both Hancock dogs and his dam is pure greyhound. 16 months now and is rapid as f**k off the mark, very fast and agile and nimble as an anorexic ballet dancer! As far as I'm concerned there's nothing wrong with Hancock dogs

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 2

As a general comment, rather than one about a specific breeder I can't see a problem with farmers culling stock or those who have spare puppies from a home bred litter culling those excess to requirements, better than them ending up in a pound when sold cheap to some idiot who gets shot at the first sign of trouble.

• Like 5

I never looked into them mate had them both as older pups seperate times and unentered both were pretty below average dogs nothing on the bull xs I moved onto got a heavy one a tall racey one and a smaller finer one beats the Hancock, and I didn't have a clue about the breeding it didn't interest me

• Like 1