Allround Lamping Dog???

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lurcher x lurcher done everything you asked about , even caught daytime hares

Have to laugh when you hear the coursing men go on about respect, when most of the hares end up in a ditch

Can i ask why?? Hares are a natural prey animal in my book. Although i don't bother them at all on the lamp. This is purely because i don't own dogs for that job. But if i did..i'd lamp them all night

That was a genuine opinion, a dog is only as good as the man behind it...... and lets be honest, even the slowest of lurchers can put up a good show on rabbits on the lamp, pre ban hares where easy, and most dogs would do the odd charlie, just not day in day out

That was a genuine opinion, a dog is only as good as the man behind it...... and lets be honest, even the slowest of lurchers can put up a good show on rabbits on the lamp, pre ban hares where easy, and most dogs would do the odd charlie, just not day in day out

Green hares were maybe easy but get one what had seen the lamp before and they put up a good show :thumbs:

A mix of collie , beddy , wheaten , whippet, grey, saluki, and bull..... but definitely no deerhound in there cause there shite :thumbs:

So what you saying is a lurcher that has been best to the best down the line, with lamping or day time some dogs will take teeth and some just will not that goes for all breeds..

• Like 1

Green hares were maybe easy but get one what had seen the lamp before and they put up a good show :thumbs:[/quote

seen dogs kill 12-15 hares in a night, never seen that in the day

• Like 1

Green hares were maybe easy but get one what had seen the lamp before and they put up a good show :thumbs:[/quote

seen dogs kill 12-15 hares in a night, never seen that in the day

most daytime hares are given fair law ... maybe thats why you see bigger numbers on the lamp

• Like 1

The best allowed lamping dog I've ever seen was straight first cross whippet greyhound he belonged to a good old boy who I reckon was the best lurcher man I've ever met. May his soul rest in peace this dog iv personally seen take fox puss and rabbit countless times pre ban