Airgun Spring Question

If it's that new, I'd take it back to the store and explain the issue. They'll probably just exchange it.

Usually a gun takes a few few thousand pellets to be worn in, but if it's getting harder to cock, I'd take it back.

I didnt mean its getting harder to cock I ment its that stiff to do it that if I'm firing loads of pellets on a visit my arm gets worn out lol. Just wondered if there was anyway to adjust it slightly or if it was cuz its a brand new gun why its so stiff.

Guess I just have to let it wear in then mate

How tight is the bolt through the breech block check it's not over tight

Could be just a good lock up on it

My 99 was hard to break it was the bolt was way over tight

Don't leave it loose though.

Try hitting it with palm of hand before cocking at top of barrel rather than pulling works for me

Like mattybugeye says, don't try to open the breech and complete the cocking action all in one go. Smack the end of the barrel with the palm of your hand to break open the breech. Then grab the end of the barrel and cock the gun.

I have a 16 fpe Stoeger gas-rammer which is a bitch to cock, but doing it like that makes it easier.

Try doing that. If it's still very hard to cock, and it's a 12 fpe springer, then either you're a complete wimp who only goes to the gym to check out the talent, or there's summat wrong with it. :D

• Like 1