Breeding Unknown

I have recently acquired a lurcher pup of unknown breeding.However I did see the parents. She has one blue eye the seller mentioned lots of dog in the mix but no collie anyone know of another dog that would produce this in a pup

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looks like its a red merle

Having one blue eye is not a single breed specific trait. As this can appear in many different breeds of dogs. From great danes, huskys, collies, American bulldog and most the bull terrier breeds to

not uncommon for lurchers of mixed breed to have a dash of collie in there. i'd bank on the eye coming from collie. its also not uncommon for lurcher owners of mixed breed to miss out or add in partic

Posted Images

Sire was supposed to be greyxsaluki and Dam. Bullxsalukigrey but I couldn't see bull in the dam but both dam and sire are well known to a friend who rate's them can't up load photos it tells me file to big anyone know how I can do it

Having one blue eye is not a single breed specific trait. As this can appear in many different breeds of dogs. From great danes, huskys, collies, American bulldog and most the bull terrier breeds to name a few. It is just a genetic trait passed down where the pigmentation of the eye has not fully developed.

Edited by NOOK/ANNA
  • Like 2

not uncommon for lurchers of mixed breed to have a dash of collie in there. i'd bank on the eye coming from collie. its also not uncommon for lurcher owners of mixed breed to miss out or add in particular breeds.

when lurchers are bred to lurchers pups can swing towards any breed in the mix. collie blood aint a downside .

• Like 2

I agree with gamerooster looks like its merle from them pics ...

Though you can get merle bulls I very much doubt that that's what's been used in the breeding of the pup