Metal Detecting Finds...

i was out detecting yesterday, i found what i think is a corroded roman coin, and a roman brooch or something ? its an oval glass piece with a romans face carved into it, with a copper outlay, never seen anything like it before ,

• Like 1

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

my first day out I had 20 digs found feck all so throw the fecking thing in headge bottom , when my mate came to see if I found out I told him its sh,it this detecting lark, why he said i will fecking

a cannonball lol. dunno how old this is ..wouldnt like to have been hit up the gub with it.

i havent been into it that long myself, but look at old maps maybe tyth maps and ordenance survey maps plus google-road-satalite ect... and look for old manors/mansions then compare them to maps nowa

Posted Images

I've never been metal detecting but I've lamped them a few times when I've been out with dogs , for some strange reason they just take off running when the lamp hits them, definitely lamp shy .

I bet they don't run as well as them eastern european coarse fish thieves on the lamp.
  • Like 1

You guys would like it at my work, I found an old hand grenade from ww1 a few years ago which still went off when the army detonated it. When we had to vacate the field there was 2 coppers stood guard throwing stones at it :0

You guys would like it at my work, I found an old hand grenade from ww1 a few years ago which still went off when the army detonated it. When we had to vacate the field there was 2 coppers stood guard throwing stones at it :0

The moors round here were used for training in ww2, I find hundreds of bullets and mortor tail fins. My brother found dozens of granades years ago, the bomb squad were up there for ages detonating em.