Too Warm

Was threshing a corn stack today and i've never worked so hard in all my life and the heat was a killer today,we had that sealyham pack visit us and all the terriers felt the warmth,they coped ok but i sure as feck didn't and have blisters on top of the blisters i got last week doing a stack :blink: and the terriers are nice and quiet tonight :D .

• Like 2

Don't want to be seen to knock another mans dogs and won't but i'll tell the truth :yes: ,to many for me were frighted of getting bit and allways looked for their strike,his russell x's were much better :yes: and he had a little old school russel bitch that was on the ball and did well :thumbs: .All the terriers coped with the heat as it goes and that surprised me as the sealyham is a heavy terrier but we had plenty of water down and with old machinery we had our stoppages which gave both man and beast a well needed break every so often so they could catch their breaths but with threshing a stack it's quiet until you get to the bottom layers then it's a hectic 1/2 hour so can't comment on stanima about them,i was to busy to take pics but someone was there with a camera and i'll try to get some pics from them of the day.I myself don't count half grown or small rats so to me we got just under a 100 but they did and with eaten ones as well they tallyed 150.So in short it was good to watch other terrier types work and fare play to the fella for giving the breed a go but i'll stick with what i got and i am still yet to see a better ratting terrier than a plummer,well my old girl anyway :laugh: ,the farmer also said the same and he's been threshing for 40+ years :D

• Like 4

Them sealyham pack's down there mustn't be bread right or to the standard what we have up north they are giving one or two rat's around six months old then a few months after that they start seeing bigger game an I haven't seen many that will not work or make the grade and they are definitely not bothered about getting bit so god nos were that bloke has getting his shit from

Them sealyham pack's down there mustn't be bread right or to the standard what we have up north they are giving one or two rat's around six months old then a few months after that they start seeing bigger game an I haven't seen many that will not work or make the grade and they are definitely not bothered about getting bit so god nos were that bloke has getting his shit from

K.C registered I believe

• 2 weeks later...

Pablo, is that the lurcher dog you've had for about 5/6 years now, is he still doing well. If so, I did have its litter brother on for a couple of years. :thumbs:

different one Bosun11, good temperament, i see how it goes, without trying to ruin it. Don't know if it be as good as yours, atb