Where Do I Stand? ?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

get rid of the bull x,30seconds to kill a cat ffs

you could of took the heat off the dogs by raping the cat she wouldn't worry about the dogs then.

Punch her in the face lol nuffin worry about mate

As has been said civil courts have a smaller burden of proof than criminal courts (balance of probability rather than beyond all reasonable doubt).

However, county court small claims track (which is what this would be heard in given the sums involved) also has strict limits on the costs involved. Off the top of my head think it is only £250 max.

This means in court if you lose your total exposure would only be £1050. There are no special qualifications needed to represent someone in county court small claims track. So you not have a friend who speaks well who could turn up looking smart and represent you?

I'm on the phone at the monent, but will do more research when I get home. Think the offence of having a dog dangerously out of control in a public place only applies if people are injured. There was some new legislation passed recently, but I can't remember when it comes into force. I will post again later. PM me if you like.

Having sought legal advice from 3 different solicitors its been advised to cough up the £292.94 instead of going court as they would definitely see it in the cat owners favour. And I'd be even more out of pocket.

I had no intention of killing a cat but my dogs do not like them and neither do I. But as said it was someone's pet and I would be pissed if someone's dog killed mine.

Lesson learnt. .

Still pisses me off how cats can just be let out to do what the hell they like. Including shitting in gardens and killing song birds. Just doesn't sit well with me.

Atb

• Like 1

The dog doesnt no that

Your dog doesn't know that a cat isn't quarry?

Come on Kev stop trying to make other people look c**ts mate.

Not my dog son ,some dogs or why would they chase/kill them ?
You asked if I can call my dog off quarry. Cats ain't quarry.

There aren't no sheep near me but my dog is broken to them. Just takes a little thought and effort. Too much hassle for some folk though.

• Like 2

Having sought legal advice from 3 different solicitors its been advised to cough up the £292.94 instead of going court as they would definitely see it in the cat owners favour. And I'd be even more out of pocket.

I had no intention of killing a cat but my dogs do not like them and neither do I. But as said it was someone's pet and I would be pissed if someone's dog killed mine.

Lesson learnt. .

Still pisses me off how cats can just be let out to do what the hell they like. Including shitting in gardens and killing song birds. Just doesn't sit well with me.

Atb

I hate cats myself. Horrible dirty little b*****ds.

And yes it's a piss take they they can roam free and have the law behind them.

It could of been a lot worse for you. Police involved, days off work for court costs etc. £300 is f**k all to walk away and no more be said in my opinion.

If you were on private permission and was hunting/working your dogs, and a cat was killed, would it then be your fault and would you be liable for such bills?

I think not as its on private land, aslong as you had permission ofcourse.

Maybe best to keep dogs on leads in public places and search for local land owners permission to let them off for a walk/run.