Where Do I Stand? ?

Bit of an update folks. Had a letter in the post today..

Explaining that they are willing to go to a small claims court if the vet bill wasn't settled in full within a month from today.

If I don't pay and they take it to court they will be seeking full payment and a new fancy cat worth £250-£500 on top.

Almost £100 of vet bill is for cremation and return of ashes... Jeeesus.... solicitor required me thinks. ..

Get on to Clive Reese mate. Hunting lawyer. Very down to earth and will advise you over the phone.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

get rid of the bull x,30seconds to kill a cat ffs

you could of took the heat off the dogs by raping the cat she wouldn't worry about the dogs then.

Punch her in the face lol nuffin worry about mate

haven't read the full post but was the cat on there land? if not I doubt they can do anything as long as you didn't intentionally release the dogs, if a cat is on the footpath and your dog is accidents happen its not illegal to have your dog off lead there's nothing you could have done however they could of kept there expensive cat in the house if they wanted to ensure its safety they couldn't take a fox to court if it was that way around ;) considering the cat was doing exactly the same as your dogs were doing (hunting on there own initiative) there is really no one to blame. good luck I hope it gets sorted for you mate - if they do try to take you to court get a good solicitor :yes:

haven't read the full post but was the cat on there land? if not I doubt they can do anything as long as you didn't intentionally release the dogs, if a cat is on the footpath and your dog is accidents happen its not illegal to have your dog off lead there's nothing you could have done however they could of kept there expensive cat in the house if they wanted to ensure its safety they couldn't take a fox to court if it was that way around ;) considering the cat was doing exactly the same as your dogs were doing (hunting on there own initiative) there is really no one to blame. good luck I hope it gets sorted for you mate - if they do try to take you to court get a good solicitor :yes:

It isn't illegal to have a dog off lead?

A dog has to be under control at all times when in public. That's the law. A dog chasing a cat isn't under control.

If you can't control your dog then yes it is illegal to let it off the lead.

• Like 1

I don't think it would stand up in court though, you walking you dogs and a cat suddenly jumps out, im sure its a dog dangerously out of control in public - don't think it applies to cats but not certain, I thought it was just people and guide dogs if your dog attacked one these you would be in trouble.

atb

Micky

have you seen this vet bill ? you have been round and offered what you have in good faith but i think there just out to make money out of it if they cant afford a vet or insurance i doubt they can afford a small claims and without actual footage or other witnesses and the owner being the only witness its a big risk if your skint its your word against hers and shes just trying on and remind her of that and that she have your legal fees has well as her own and she will still have to pay the vet when they throw it out she will no doubt try something else when she sees this inst working just stick to your guns just dont let them see its getting to you and change your route

if thats the case leave it to the very last second and until you know for sure its going to court and thats a big if then pay until then just leave it and call there bluff sounds like they havent a pot to piss in and if theres a chance they will lose and cost them even more and your denying it they might back down