Synthol... Give Your Head A Shake!

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hate it,,, the Mrs is moody for a whole week.........

We wont allow it in the gym it has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with bodybuilding its like someone walking in the gym with shoes 7 sizes too big its needless,dangerous and plain embarrassing !!

You said it yourself bodybuilding is about size,symmetry,quality and function...............only somebody who has never grasped any understanding of working the body would destroy it in such a way....

Posted Images

Gnash would you say your at your strongest now or has age meant your past your best ... And if so do you think you could have bettered your gains back then knowing what you know now ........

My static strength hasnt really changed much in the last 10 years and i was certainly physically stronger in my 40,s than my 30,s.......im of the opinion that most athletes real man strength doesnt peak until their mid 30,s so the fact i didnt really get into bodybuilding until late 30,s meant by the time id trained a number of years and developed not only technique and strength but also knowledge i was well into my 40,s.......and since then its really just been a matter of maintaining that strength as long as possible as opposed to either building on it or completely losing it !.....You,ve trained to a decent level Socks so you know yourself you will never reach your goals without a certain amount of hard work and knowledge........my goals were to reach the limit of my potential and every man has his limit to where he can only maintain what he has rather than keep building......very few men ever reach that point so i feel im very lucky that i probably did.

My point is, is there big gains to be made through diet and legal supplements such as creatine?

You seem to be on a witch hunt against juice......which to me is just as bad as going straight on it.....you are a beginner to lifting mate just slow down and enjoy moving weight about for now and understanding how bars/equipment/food/your body works.....................so many people run before they can walk and are burnt out within 6 months.............you havent gone and paid a 1 year membership anywhere have you :D

I'm not against juice just the bullshitters who lie swearing they haven't touched it when they turn from size zero to meathead in 5 mins, half these personal trainers are taking steroids. IMO they are giving false hopes to clients and should be honest from the start.

Now thats something i cant disagree with :thumbs: ......but i do repeat.....you will find a high level of honesty in good reputable gyms.....but you dont find many good personal trainers in reputable gyms ;)

Edited by gnasher16

That makes perfect sense ... How long do you hope to be able to maintain your current standard mate ... And I know the answer is probably as long as you possibly can but realistically how much longer do you suppose your body can take the training ......

Im tailing off now mate.....had a little bit of a scare last year and i always said when the body started telling me not to i would listen.....i cant seem to do it in one fell swoop as its a hard habit to break after all this time but i guess we all have to leave things behind and move on to different chapters of our lives.

Dont get me wrong i,ll never let myself become a big sloppy mess i,ll always maintain a certain level of strength and fitness.....just not to these extremes.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1

Gnash will be the new white Albert becles,,,,remember him back in the late 80's in the Olympia ,,,60 year old,,,seen him being interviewd on YouTube ,,,only a year or so back 80 odd now ,,still training,,,good on him

Edited to ad

Yeh don't stop gnash,,training that is,,both weights and cardio,,,take it from me,,,,and you socks,,,don't let that gut get any bigger,,,,you'll regret it

Edited by TOMO
  • Like 1

Gnash will be the new white Albert becles,,,,remember him back in the late 80's in the Olympia ,,,60 year old,,,seen him being interviewd on YouTube ,,,only a year or so back 80 odd now ,,still training,,,good on him

Edited to ad

Yeh don't stop gnash,,training that is,,both weights and cardio,,,take it from me,,,,and you socks,,,don't let that gut get any bigger,,,,you'll regret it

Blimey i didnt know he was still alive at a guess id say he,s probably nearer 90 than 80 Tomo !.........No id like to think im more in tune with someone like Samir Bannout if you remember him,or better still Richard Lupkes.....still fantastic physical specimens form and function well into their late 50,s.

From having to be disciplined with food after years of sport i never had the luxury of regularly pigging out on nice food so you cant miss what you never really had......i wont be dying with a fat gut thats for sure :D

Edited by gnasher16

Edited to ad

Blimey i didnt know he was still alive at a guess id say he,s probably nearer 90 than 80 Tomo !.........No id like to think im more in tune with someone like Samir Bannout if you remember him,or better still Richard Lupkes.....still fantastic physical specimens form and function well into their late 50,s.

From having to be disciplined with food after years of sport i never had the luxury of regularly pigging out on nice food so you cant miss what you never really had......i wont be dying with a fat gut thats for sure :D

birth date is 1930 :icon_eek:

God he's a legend, can't get over his age!