North Wales ...bass

I would hazzard a guess, that as we have been having good weather the bass are off shore feeding on whitebait and mackerel. A storm or some heavier winds should pull them back to the shore again.

TC

Copied this of another forum but it does make sense......

With what seems to be fruitless :fishing: outings all round it got me thinking about a trip up the Mull of Galloway a few years back when the fishing was pants and the sea was discoloured due to an algal bloom and as more algae and plants grow then others have to die and be consumed by bacteria which increase in number and use up the dissolved oxygen in the water creating a barren sea and with the recent hot spell the phytoplankton has gone into overdrive hence the greenish hue to the water in the bay at the moment .

A skipper i talked to in Port Patrick did`nt bother taking the boat out because of it .

Unless anyone has a better idea :D

I was told a similar thing from the guy who comes round checking the fish sizes are in limits only a few days ago. He was saying due to the amount of algie or something the fish have gone to deeper waters so maybe your theory is right

Gone shite round here and all, was talking to a lad who runs a few commercial boats a few days back..

:icon_eek: feck............
still a few species being caught in the Haven Matt, its just the mackerel and bass seem to have fecked off.. :hmm: bit of wind and rain here at the minute, hopefully they'll be back.. :)

Gone shite round here and all, was talking to a lad who runs a few commercial boats a few days back..

still a few species being caught in the Haven Matt, its just the mackerel and bass seem to have fecked off.. :hmm: bit of wind and rain here at the minute, hopefully they'll be back.. :)

I'm up the pembroke coast next week and that don't sound fecking good :cray: ,good job the dogs are coming as well then :laugh:

I'm up the pembroke coast next week and that don't sound fecking good :cray: ,good job the dogs are coming as well then :laugh:
Good runs on the hounds at the minute apparently mate. Plenty of huss and smoothies.. :)

My best huss was 10lb+ off the rocks at carvi (spelling) and am being lent a canoe so can travel along the coastline in search of something,staying up near Newport north of fishguard so got a good suft beach there to try my luck on there :thumbs: ,can't sodding wait to wet a line in some good waters again :laugh:

• Like 2

Caerfai just round the coast from St Davids? Fair play to you mate, if you're spelling it 'carvi' it sounds like you're pronouncing it properly! :D Better than most who've lived here all their lives! :laugh: :laugh: Thats one place I've yet to visit. :yes: