Whirrier X Terrier Pups For Sale

Right, I think I've finally made my mind up as to which pup I'm keeping. You'd have thought as there are only 3 of them it would have been easy, but I like them all in different ways. So there are 2 bitches available. The sire is Cricket, first cross Border Terrier/Whippet, and the dam is Midge, from the line of terriers I've kept for over 20 years.

Cricket is a first class ferreting dog, but he's barely fast enough to catch a rabbit in the open, though he nails plenty in cover. Very biddable, tough minded but very sociable. Not a nervous bone in his body, and more terrier than Whippet in his head. He retrieves very well and I can't really think of a fault. He's flushed all types of game and vermin, and in another country I'm sure he'd have been very useful on the fox.

Midge is mongrel terrier to mongrel terrier, though I guess you could loosely call her a Russell type, though I know her breeding for a few generations back, and there's Lakeland, Patterdale as well as Bull and Beagle 5 generations back in there too as I bred her sire's dam.

The photos are of Cricket, Midge and the two pups available, both bitches.

They have been reared on a varied diet of raw meat, chicken carcases as well as eggs, yoghurt and some kibble. Wormed every 3 weeks with Drontal Plus, and they'll have their first vaccinations this weekend. They are 8 weeks old next Saturday.

I'm asking £175 each for them, only to recoup a fraction of the £800 the midnight Caesarean cost me.

Please pm me if you're seriously interested in a bushing dog. Sorry about the quality of the pup photos but my camera is out of action at the moment so a friend took them for me and the light wasn't very good.

post-5156-0-94826100-1405537631.jpg

post-5156-0-23180700-1405537692.jpg

post-5156-0-94448700-1405537717_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right, I think I've finally made my mind up as to which pup I'm keeping. You'd have thought as there are only 3 of them it would have been easy, but I like them all in different ways. So there are 2 b

Black and tan pup that wouldn't keep still:   and another one of Midge:   and a couple of Midge's dam Sonic, ratting. She was also a very good earth dog too, as was Midge.    

No. Midge and the bitch line have naturally low tail carriages, more like lurchers than terriers, and Cricket is Border/Whippet cross. The black and tan pup has the most Whippety tail of all of them.

Posted Images

Black and tan pup that wouldn't keep still:

post-5156-0-78535100-1405537944.jpg

and another one of Midge:

post-5156-0-59412500-1405538022.jpg

and a couple of Midge's dam Sonic, ratting. She was also a very good earth dog too, as was Midge.

post-5156-0-22277600-1405538220_thumb.jpg

post-5156-0-51684900-1405538256_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Forgot to say: they are very bright indeed: already sitting for their food and playing tug and give with me. Very sharp and they'll retrieve well too given the right training and environment. There shouldn't be much they won't be able to do: also forgot to say that both parents have worked on shoots beating as well as general mooching and bushing.

the black and tan pup is, at the moment, the most human orientated: desperate to be with me and listen to me: the greediest too :laugh:

• Like 1

I've never actually measured Midge, but I'd say she was around 13", and Cricket is just 17". Being bitches I'd guess at around the same height as her, but who can say for certain? I'll get a tape measure on her tomorrow, but she's narrow and never had any problem getting into hollow trees after her quarry. Her sire was big, at least 14" and built like a brick sh*t house. (He was out of a Lakie/hunt terrier bitch I bred years ago, and his sire was a black fell type.

The red pup is the strongest at the moment, and although the black and tan is the fattest I've a feeling she'll end up more lightly built: not that it really matters either way, it's what's in their heads that counts the most.

• Like 1