Isuzu Rodeo Or Mitsubishi ??

my boss has a rodeo, he doesnt half treat it like shit, raggs it about up farm tracks off roading pulling heavy cattle trailers etc etc and i think im right in saying it has one of the largest towing capacities of any truck or is there 1 more as well? the only thing he has had wrong with it since ive worked there for a year is the 4wd wasnt properly clicking in, but he got that done at the local dealership in an hour and it was under the warranty. goes like fuk as well :thumbs:

isuzu are the only real commercial vehicle company.they produce the most diesel engines in the world.lorrys,buses,coaches,etc.the small pick ups are just a side line.you dont see any isuzu cars about.ive changed to hilux just for a bit.dissapointed with it.will go back to isuzu later.

If you're after towing capacity, it's gotta be the Isuzu, 3 ton tow vs 2.5 for the L200.

Apart from that there's not a huge difference in performance and ride etc, both good, reliable trucks in my experience.

There's maybe a little more room in the Isuzu, but nothing significant.

cheers

Mick

• 3 weeks later...

if yer towing id say the Isuzu 3.0 would be the one, be heavier on fuel tho,

ive got a 2008 l200 4life, very basic not even central locking, very nippy and gets 38mpg, I drove down to London from Cumbria for a dog and it averaged 42.3mpg which I thought was fantastic, if you get a l200 0n a 06,56, 07,57(march 06 - dec 07) it will have a euro4 engine and roadtax will be £140 for 12 months

if you get a l200 on a 57,08,58,(jan 07 - dec 08) which my f****r falls under, it will still have a euro4 engine but they put the tax back up to £220

if you have a l200 on a later model (late 09-10)its got an euro5 engine and the earlier ones have cheap tax(£140) then the newer ones have gone back up,

I don't tow anything which is just as well coz I don't think the light on the arse end Mitsubishi wouldn't follow in the footsteps of the disco td5 ive just got rid of.

l200 very fuel efficient.