fireworks

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ditch_Shitter
what can we do ?

Pop along to a decent pet shop, or else Google, for Phytopet Calm. Under a fiver a bottle, last time I looked. Bottle should last ye a couple of years or so.

It's a herbal extract based liquid solution and ye just pop a shot of it onto their tounge.

Works! ;)

my dosey old spaniel knocked one over last year and it almost hit me so i gave her a good kicking

its not the heat its the speed and sound the thing makes when it hits the fence next too you

like being in a concorde engine

also did alot off damedge to the fence and would have killed me if id been standing a few feet to the right

maybe if you had used a bit of common sense and not let the dog lose round the fireworks in the first place it wouldn't have happened. i my opinion you were to blame not the dog and you were lucky. the poor dog probably didn't even know what it had done.

my dosey old spaniel knocked one over last year and it almost hit me so i gave her a good kicking

its not the heat its the speed and sound the thing makes when it hits the fence next too you

also did alot off damedge to the fence and would have killed me if id been standing a few feet to the right

i hope you were pissed when you wrote this :blink: then thats some sort off excuse for writeing this utter bollox .....BIG MAN

i hope you were pissed when you wrote this :blink: then thats some sort off excuse for writeing this utter bollox .....BIG MAN

Agree Snoop, what a tit. :no:

I dont believe what i just read :chair::chair:

Luckily enough none of mine are bothered, they have always slept in the kennel when we have had displays in the garden. I got all mine used to blank firing guns as pups and worked on desensitising them to noise. I feel for people whos dogs are sensitive and think fireworks should only be at organised displays. ACP used to be a good method of calming sound sensitive dogs.

My last lurcher was used as a gun dog during his first season, as a result of which he got excited every time he heard a firework as he was expecting a dead rabbit to retrieve. In comparison, my oldest Kelpie hates them as he was knocked over by a van as a pup around that time of year and so any loud noise terrified him for about a year.

Are you not embarrassed to admit to that?