fireworks

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JohnGalway

We've just the one sheepdog now, and live in a village full of young and not so young dipshits. Plenty of fireworks every year, sometimes goes on for a good three weeks or more. We have to get some sedative from the vet for our dog as he's very nervous on a good day. Got abused in former home/s, so he doesn't like loud noises or sudden things happening but he's a good working dog. On the really bad nights we send him off on holiday to my sisters.

Here's hoping for some real short fuses this year =@:D

where i live there used to be a prick up the road that thought he was guy fawkes it all looked quite spectacular but my patterdales were absolutly shit scared the first year i had the dog he went straight through the side of the kennel. after haveing a short word about where i would shove his fire works if he didnt quit it all went quiet but the damage was done by this time they now spend the night in the kitchen

Guest little lurcher

my bitch is already loosing weight and pacing non stop, i had no objections to proper displays on designated days but when you almost loose a dog through sheer panic then i think it hits home!!! that bitch i would lay my life down for and it breaks my heart to see how panic stricken she is , i will now have some hard work ahead to get her back at the right weight and fitness for working!!! she hates living in also and i have to ring her in which stresses her also, and turn up music and close curtains and blinds, have also tried SERENE-UM available from pets at home, not uilt upenough yet but will let you know how or if it works

only one of my four is scared of fire works (a rescue and abused as well) she is slowly getting better as we live next to bisley ranges strangely enough she has never been bothered by the live fire. but bisley have started doing more open days and functions to drum up business and we have fire works here on a fortnightly basis although they did have to bring the time forward from 10.30 to 9.30 because of the amount of complaints from people who's children were being woken up :icon_eek: so by constant exposure she is starting to realize it wont kill her.

only one of my four is scared of fire works (a rescue and abused as well) she is slowly getting better as we live next to bisley ranges strangely enough she has never been bothered by the live fire. but bisley have started doing more open days and functions to drum up business and we have fire works here on a fortnightly basis although they did have to bring the time forward from 10.30 to 9.30 because of the amount of complaints from people who's children were being woken up :icon_eek: so by constant exposure she is starting to realize it wont kill her.

my dogs not happy about them, the noise makes her rather 'edgy', which has been somewhat of a pain when my back garden backs right onto the pub garden,it rains spent fireworks on new years etc, still thats not a proplem for long im moving next week

lee :thumbs:

Never mind the anti hunt wankers, how about banning the sale of fireworks altogether, do nothing but cause hassle and scare the shit out of all livestock :censored: .

I remember "losing" our Rottie, Stella the first year we had her, found her hiding under our bed, only a pup, scared shitless and this was in October :censored:

Sod that :feck:

My dog who was PTS last year used to spend the two weeks before and the two weeks after fireworks night in an absolute state :icon_eek: It was an awful thing to see. I honestly think they should be banned and only saved for organised fireworks nights, they are so dangerous and so many people get injured every year because of them! :censored::censored:

I have a terrier and a lurcher both in-doors the big dog is ok with them but I`ll have to go to the vets they will give me something to calm her down a bit for the night as she goes crazy,.....Will also have to keep a close eye on the young ferrets :)

My lot are indoors... no problems at all... used to have one which would flip out... but shes gone now, so we have no troubles at all....
mine are all outside i shut em in at night this time of year so they cant get in the runs the 3yr old russell dog sleeps in his run all nite all weathers wont use a box or a bed he fekin hates fireworks had him in last year hates the house aswell :doh: