• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only just gone and smashed my PB. I was reeling in one rod to pack away, when the other went off.   13lb 7oz.     Over the moon.

I am a BARBEL fisherman.       Get in.............

Objective achieved!! A River Dove double. Get in.........   Only taken me two and a half seasons.     10lb 10oz. My new personal best.     HAVE IT!!

Posted Images

Well I did blank............. Again. Seven times now. :icon_eek:

But I tell you what. The river came alive after dark. There were fish topping everywhere, some big fish too. Im deffo going to fish that peg again. Towards the end I was getting what I would call "Liners" Just as though the fishes fins were catching the line. But sadly no takes. Nice night too. Full clear Moon, no clouds to speak of, very still, no one else there. Lovely. Pitty iv'e got work tomorrow, else i'd have stayed longer. :yes:

........May need to take one of the dogs next time though, fu*king Mink at me feet. Trying to get at my bait I think. Fu*kers. :censored:

• Like 1

I hope your perserverance pays off mate....

I'm gonna get my first couple of hours on the tidal Sunday morning...

It's manic at the minute so not had much time.. Start doing a few evening in the next few weeks, fins finished school for holidays now so he can come with me until late now...

• Like 1

I managed a my first barbel of the season last night 7lb 2.......................after a blank on the first trip it felt great to have it towing me up and down the river.

20140710_210340_zpsorjovt1b.jpg

Arch It'll feel 10 times better when you've got one of them things at last. Good luck on the next outing and lets hope the bad run comes to an end.

• Like 4

Fu*k me, am i on a downer. I managed to stay untill 4am. I was getting lots of liners around midnight, then had an almighty liner/bite whatever, that should have turned the baitrunner but didn't. I struck......and nothing. Cast back in and..........that was it for the rest of the night, apart from the odd small liner.

Night fishing isn't my thing TBH, I'd rather be asleep. But looks like i'm going to have to do more night sessions if i want a Barbel. I can't really believe i missed the bite, if that's what it was. The baitrunner was set quite slack and it still didn't give line. Fook me the rod didn't half go. I was using quite a big bait, maybe the fish didn't have the hook in it's mouth.

I ain't giving up........................Yet.

• Like 4