Couple Of Hours At Work.

Had a call from one of my work perms yesterday asking me to go up as they hadn’t seen me in 6 weeks and the rabbits were coming back. This is the site that only allows solo shooting, I managed to get Mac on once by saying he was my brother! But last night was a no go as the HSE manager was away and no one else could give the OK to take a buddy.

I had a quick look on my farm perm on the way in, but the wheat is knee high and you can’t see anything, so I went quickly over the road and drove in the front entrance this time (Normally I go the tradesman’s entrance). On the way in I can see 5 out on one lawn and a pair on the other main lawn. I quickly sign the work permit and jump back in the car (The rabbits normally run when they see people but not when they see a car). I drove round the first lawn and stuck the HW100 out of the window (if ONLY I had a carbine eh?). I took aim and dropped the first rabbit at 28 yrds. I quickly moved round to the second bunch of 5, again, rifle out of the window, crack, down goes number 2, this time it ran 5-10 yards then lay down, I checked the pellet and it was a head shot but I can only estimate it at around the 25-30 yrd distance again.

The front was now clear so I walked round the back of site. I spotted a smaller rabbit and took a shot, just as I fired the rabbits head lifted so I hit it in the neck rather than head. This one ran in circles for 10 seconds then lay down, blood pouring from it’s neck. I finished it off and continued round the site.

As I went round a corner I spotted 2 rabbits, and they spotted me and ran. I followed one round the side of a building and sure enough he’d only ran 40 yards. I used the side of the building to steady me and took a stand shot from 32 yrds. 4 down in 40 mins.

I came back round the front of site and went to the far side of the car park where there is a grass border rather than the main lawn. I spotted 3 rabbits playing and as I approached they ran off 20 yards. I lay up under a tree, maybe 60 yards away, and waited to see if they would head back my way. When a 4th and 5th rabbit joined them, it was clear they were not coming back to me. I decided to do commando crawl from the tree and managed to get 10-15 yards when I came up on a spot light, so I couldn’t go any further. I estimated the distance to be about 45 yrds so I gave it 1 mil dot and took a shot, pop down she went. I paced it over at 48 yrds, one of my longer shots for sure! As I went round a corner I saw another rabbit, I took a standing shot but missed, as I did I flicked on my lamp and saw another rabbit again about 40 yrds away, I used a wall to steady myself and took another good head shot. This time paced at 42 yrds. Happy with those two.

Back over to the main lawn and I took a relatively simple 25 yrd prone shot after laying up waiting for the rabbits to come back out. As I went to pick it up, I flicked the lamp on and spotted another rabbit 40+ yards away, I stalked over and took a kneeling shot from 33 yrds to complete the bag.

7 good sized rabbits and a smaller one. The rabbits were all huge and on cleaning them, 4 were pregnant with a total of 22 kits! So Mac, does that mean I shot 30 rabbits then? J I was only up 2 hours and without the lads, there was very little craic L.

13811D3F-A246-44EE-9952-BBE4CC5B5346_zps

Edited by Daz39
  • Like 6

I write the posts in word on my PC then cut and paste and it screws the font, lord knows why!! I would never buy 0.22, just to much to screw with my head and as you lot know over the last year, my 0.177 is stoppijg everything I point it at.

Carbine..... hmmmm

We will see, everyone rates the Ultra..... might need a closer look at Mac's Scorpion, not sure how big that one is.

HU< HU HU im hurt :cray: :cray: :cray: how dare you go out shooting with out me :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: ,could not of gone bud to much work on what with expanding the business and all that sh*t that go,s with it and looking for a new range rover or Q7

iI will say one thing but ................................................

I taught you well Very WELL :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

Thanks Gents!

I have seen 3 separate lots of new kits this year on one site. Sadly 4 of the females won't be participating in the next round :(

Mac, what can I say, the bollockings obviously worked mate :)

I'm looking at a week Saturday for another bash at the other site if you are up for it? I'll shout Matt too unless he is reading this???

• Like 1