How's Everyone's Birds Doing So Far

I know we still have another two three months left but just seeing how everyone's doing with there birds I've managed to breed my first ever British and ring them! with some help from fireman witch is much appreciated and really happy about it but have had my bad times with a clutch full of canary chicks on the floor dead and a round of greenies not hatching but she's building again so fingers crossed lol so I'm now turning a little bit a my attention to septembers rebuild which cannot wait to do as will give me room for my first pair of goodies and possibly a pair of bullies depending on how I feel as only would be my second year with British and there for the more experienced of keepers but shall see how it goes and wish everyone the best of luck with there birds :)

• Like 5

I'm of to a bad start really..i had a miss matched pairing of my trio's of Goldfinch's which resulted in two cock's and one hen..the dominent cock killed the younger one but on a good note the hen that is with him has 5 Grey pate's that are almost feeding them self's..

My other trio of goldie's has one hen that has popped 5 fertile egg's out that will be due to hatch next week.. ;) ..

As far as my pair of Greenfinch the first lot of egg's where infertile and she is yet to lay another clutch..still plenty of time left though..

• Like 1

Greenfinches flying away,14 rung and eggs in nests and hens building again,as for the bullies,14 eggs 3 ruined nests and 2 dead chicks to show for it :cray: nest building from the redpolls and goldies but a poor year so far with everything else,but this sun might help if it warms up for a bit..

• Like 2

glad to see you are doing ok, nice to get a few on the perches,that sun fireman is avoiding us at the mo,,that's the down side of the pennines ,when its nice its to die for on the moors and around the resevoirs,but it can rain year round,i might do better keeping call ducks :laugh::thumbs:

• Like 2

My siskins are feeding each other but nothing else,broke three eggs in total moving eggs for dummies ( my inexperience) day my demorphic canaries were due to hatch hen tossed them out and left em dead, border ate her eggs and got another border on 3

Edited by BULL
  • Like 1

Doing ok with the canaries had 6 chicks so far though thats between 3 different pairs as they,re only producing 2 eggs at a time for some reason.......aint had a sausage off these goldfinches yet but plenty of time though im off to some little football tournament in a few days so no doubt i,ll miss all the fun !

• Like 3

Well for some reason i decided to go in today and rag the Greenfinch nest.. i candled 3 of the 5 egg's a while back and they where infertile so i presumed the rest would be..which was not the case.. i looked in with my little mirror this morning and to my surprise they was one fat chick sat in the nest.. :boogy: .. i did manage to get a ring on it but if i had left it another day it would not of went on..i can't wait to see what colour it turn's out as it's with my Lutino cock and Isobel hen.. ;)

• Like 2

close shave that millet :laugh:people don't grasp what its like this time of year ,all this drama,dont know if I can take much more,i had a check this morning ones on another 6 eggs,going like a machine,the pans are defo coming out after this nest,cant move for irish fancys :icon_eek: :toast:atb,

• Like 3

well had a good season up till now( 17 greys out and flying,bullys got the gapes but got over it now so will leave to next season got 137 canaries out and stopped for season, 5 pairs goldies all sitting again due to hatch this week and next so hopefully have this next round and that's me for the season.

• Like 3

:icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: For F**k F**king Sake!!!!!

Taz; Can you, Pul Eeeeeazee show us a shot of your set up?

My favourite board, on any bird forum, is the " Cages and Aviaries " one. I could look at (Lust Over!) pictures of peoples bird rooms and flights all day long! :D