Boar Hunting

Or Early - Mid January.

Just have a think, still plenty of time to find the most suitable dates.

Cheers, DnN

I would think early-mid January is reserved for Hungary! :hmm::yes:

So - and anyway - I would vote for last week of October.

YIS,

Anna

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Battida Hunts, Aragon, Spain January 2015 November 2015        

Biglurks - For the majority of the time, most of the lurchers were off the slip.   I'm being very honest in saying that I doubt many on here would have managed better, given the conditions etc. Ever

Just to add some details.   We have decided no guns will be present, as the days are focused on the dogs. The days will be run like training days, and would suit folk who would like to get their hu

Posted Images

As long as it doesn't clash with my opening shoot day in october, i'm fine.

Would be a bit of a poor show if the keeper missed opening day lol.

I'll get the dates asap!

P.S - Hungary jan? Sounds good :laugh:

I checked with work there is no way I can get over I even have to send the mrs to pick up my daughter. As for the dates Oct is best for me but fec it I'll go with the pack. DN if you have any problems with arranging owt let me know I'll be hapy to help with my Spanglish lol

Right, so the date 9/10th August or thereabouts has been bandied about for a good time to meet up, have a bbq, couple of drinks etc.

Any good?

Can I come along even though I can't get on the hunting trip? I Get back from the Canary Islands on the 9th.... I could stop in on the way home from Bristol airport!!! lol

• Like 1

Just to add some details.

We have decided no guns will be present, as the days are focused on the dogs. The days will be run like training days, and would suit folk who would like to get their hunting dogs out onto some superb rough country. Dogs that like to range out and find stuff are great in the beating line, dogs with voice are very useful, and some with colder noses will help.

There would be chances to see lots of wildlife as you and your dogs bush through the scrub, or maybe as you wait quietly ahead with a dog by your side, listening for the bushing dogs to open up and head in your direction.

This will only be going ahead if we can put together a nice team, to share costs. There will be the chance of return trips, and to other venues in other countries. Like an EU Roving dog syndicate lol

But please remember, although I will do everything I can to prepare you and your dogs for as safe a hunt as possible, you and your dogs come at your own risk, and there is obviously a real risk involved in any boar hunt. (I dont want to feel responsible if you all get sliced up)

DnN

mmm :icon_eek: No guns boar hunting :whistling: just dogs , no boar killed then :hmm:just one or two dogs in for a surprise :yes: well ok :laugh:

We have decided no guns will be present, as the days are focused on the dogs. The days will be run like training days, and would suit folk who would like to get their hunting dogs out onto some superb rough country. Dogs that like to range out and find stuff are great in the beating line, dogs with voice are very useful, and some with colder noses will help.

There would be chances to see lots of wildlife as you and your dogs bush through the scrub, or maybe as you wait quietly ahead with a dog by your side, listening for the bushing dogs to open up and head in your direction.

This will only be going ahead if we can put together a nice team, to share costs. There will be the chance of return trips, and to other venues in other countries. Like an EU Roving dog syndicate lol

But please remember, although I will do everything I can to prepare you and your dogs for as safe a hunt as possible, you and your dogs come at your own risk, and there is obviously a real risk involved in any boar hunt. (I dont want to feel responsible if you all get sliced up)

DnN

mmm :icon_eek: No guns boar hunting :whistling: just dogs , no boar killed then :hmm:just one or two dogs in for a surprise :yes: well ok :laugh:

I don't understand what you are getting at?

DnN

I think it's a insinuation that fire arms will be used......................................

DnN

I think it's a insinuation that fire arms will be used......................................

I can guarantee there will be no firearms on the trip.

• Like 1

DnN

NO is not , to take a rifle steps need to be in place , so can see that's not happening , shooting boar costs £££ large wild boar Tend to be rather Dangerous at best hard to kill when bitten by a dog there skins are very thick so they just get very pissed off and That,s when things can get very ugly if its male tusker the dog going to have real a problem ,well a novice dog anyway ,Even the females will stand there ground to defend there young even a novice shooter standing in the wrong place holding a 30 06 is no guarantee he,s not getting injured , so what chance a novice dog from the U.K , just meant could be putting your DOGS at risk Also make no mistake your hosts will have there guns present ,FOR your own safety ,,, look lads not knocking it just saying be careful

and a costly vet bill