Boar Hunting

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Battida Hunts, Aragon, Spain January 2015 November 2015        

Biglurks - For the majority of the time, most of the lurchers were off the slip.   I'm being very honest in saying that I doubt many on here would have managed better, given the conditions etc. Ever

Just to add some details.   We have decided no guns will be present, as the days are focused on the dogs. The days will be run like training days, and would suit folk who would like to get their hu

Posted Images

We'll more than likely discuss it it more detail over a good quality free range sausage but what the general price all in ?........................................ I'll have to get busy by the look of things

I can hunt all year,with better reward,for that amount of dosh.3 packs of bacon at farm-foods for £6,a seasons bushing and thrashing about,possibly less than £200,possibly the thrill and hunt,priceless,especially with a rough arsed porker smashing the cover and mutts,ah well back to the rodents.

Is it to late to get on the trip? Iv pm'd dogs n natives but I don't think he's been on line for a while. I have a few decent terriers and a strong lurcher. They all work well with other dogs and I have my own vehicle. Cheers

Is it to late to get on the trip? Iv pm'd dogs n natives but I don't think he's been on line for a while. I have a few decent terriers and a strong lurcher. They all work well with other dogs and I have my own vehicle. Cheers

He is out of internet range for a while. Unfortunately I believe that the trip for this year is now full. I will speak to him and get back to you. There may be an opportunity for next year...

A wild boar is a very smart animal ,much like a dog ,they leave the dog in no doubt via body langage & signs that it means bussiness ,I think any thoughts some of you have of youre dogs rushing in blindly are simply unfounded .The wild boar can do alot of damage in a short period of time & youre dogs will know that ,if they dont they soon will .We hunt them most weekends in NZ ,have had a number of dogs killed & received several rips ourselves .

Hey toolbox, there are some experienced guys going along on this trip..myself not being one of them. We've got plenty of boar here in the UK it's just the legalities of hunting here. I'm not particularly concerned about my dog going in I'll be happy if he doesn't run off lol. I've trained him to bay from 20m or that's the story i'm sticking to anyway.

I think we're all aware of the damage a pig can do.

Ideation, so this picnic... are we having cream tea or do I bring port?

Yes I know a UK guy that reports that Uk boar are building up in numbers but its a shame they cant be hunted via dogs .Perhapes my point has more to do with the dogs NOT knowing but they quickly will work it all out ,a dog can REALLY shift when its got a 100kgs boar intent on doing it major harm, racing up its backside lol

• Like 1

Our Type of boar reaches no where near the size of the Russian boar ,a real big one found here is about 250lb - 300lb,anything over 200lb is considered a trophy .Once we heard the bail (barking ) or the battle we rush headlong up hill ,in somecases mountains to arrive as quickly as possable before the boar does either or both of two things ,fight or flight,wounding a dog or several dogs then escaping .At times the dogs have cornered a good tusker under a heavy tight black berry , gorse or pine tree thinings found in huge pine forests & you cant see the hog till you are only a couple of feet away but then if he turns & moves towards you the undergrowth has effectively trapped you .Our pack of 4 or 5 dogs has alot of bull blood within it ,than means they usually are keen harden hunters who are always keen to take hold of either a ear or some part of the nose or head and hang on even when they find themselves alone because the pack has spit and some of the other dogs are chasing their own pig .This type of dog usually doesnt reach old age ,most show al

ot of scars ,some are killed or maimed never to hunt again .Dogs that have had alot of work (pigs) usually know what type of animal they have cornered by its behavour & size and usually make their move at the right time ,a dog that costs alot of money at the vets is regarded as a temporary citizen here.

Anyhow hope you guys have a great trip and once you have hunted the game animal of kings -the wild boar nothing will ever seem the same .Good Luck to all .

• Like 2

Hi chaps,

when I get time I will send a pm to everyone about camping and a couple of other things, but for now have a think about when is best... the last week in October (starting 27th)

Or Early - Mid January.

Just have a think, still plenty of time to find the most suitable dates.

Cheers, DnN