Ken Gould Terriers

Il tell you what the problem is....troy and turbo is the problem. They are NOT bred to produce,they wete in my opinion his biggest mistake,hence why you will find next to none of it in his yard today,great animals in their own right but to build a line on was never going to happen. Ken gould has over the years bred some phenoenal foundation dogs,troy and turbo are NOT on that list. Ken has some of his old blood on the yard again now so expect to see better animsls coming out old gouldys yard in the next few years!

were they scatterbred, hence not passing on abillity Al ?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Youve answered the question yourself mate. Hes buying in "made" dogs. Hes getting someone elses shite. Sorry to be so blunt but thats it in a nutshell.   pernod....

And your friend keeps buying them?   It tells me Gould is a genius.

If your mates had a "few"that have failed.. then whose to say that its not him who is the weekest link and not the dogs. Just a thought like.   pernod

Guest alcapone

Il tell you what the problem is....troy and turbo is the problem. They are NOT bred to produce,they wete in my opinion his biggest mistake,hence why you will find next to none of it in his yard today,great animals in their own right but to build a line on was never going to happen. Ken gould has over the years bred some phenoenal foundation dogs,troy and turbo are NOT on that list. Ken has some of his old blood on the yard again now so expect to see better animsls coming out old gouldys yard in the next few years!

The bitch was ped unknown and only kg,myself and one other know the sire.

were they scatterbred, hence not passing on abillity Al ?

The Dam was ped unknown and only KG,myself and one other know how the sire was bred so how they all think they can produce a "troy,turbo and nan line" is beyond me,as to everyone else they are ped unknown. Myself and KG spent hours talking and I convinced him it was a mistake,hence that blood is nearly all off his yard........speaks volumes! Edited by alcapone

he sold terriers alrite.... and tried his arm ( pardon the pun) once or twice but soon got to know excuses wouldnt have been tolerated!

But has been said terrierwork now a days is a whole different scene.... ;)

Is terrier work now a whole different scene? Up to the individual, the company they keep and what grade of working terrier they choose to work. There's men that keep terriers for work and there's terriermen. As you know there's a big difference. ;) Edited by THE GENERAL
  • Like 2
Guest alcapone

wy do people always run down men when a few dogs don't work out.I have seen Gud dogs mated from worker 2 worker with no fancy names and being pure shite

Undertaker not running anyone down because the dogs didn't make it as stud dogs....I'm saying they WOULD/WILL never produce a line,should never have even been attempted with their breeding either,they were not bred that way.......I'll use a phrase I see so often on here "You can't educate pork!" If you don't understand the simple statement originally made then that phrase applies to you!
  • Like 2

wy do people always run down men when a few dogs don't work out.I have seen Gud dogs mated from worker 2 worker with no fancy names and being pure shite

Undertaker not running anyone down because the dogs didn't make it as stud dogs....I'm saying they WOULD/WILL never produce a line,should never have even been attempted with their breeding either,they were not bred that way.......I'll use a phrase I see so often on here "You can't educate pork!" If you don't understand the simple statement originally made then that phrase applies to you!

The nan bitch has produced a good litter every pup made the grade and pups from those dogs are doing the stuff as well and they are tested week in week out

Is the Nan bitch still alive lads ??

Think old gouldy deserves a bit of credit lads ,he,s 75 and still at the game. Everybody has their own opinion .

Had some great days Craic with him on numerous occasions . One thing I'll say he has some memory of breeding going back from the 70,s right up to present day .

• Like 1

Didn't think that when I asked the question about ken Gould's terriers that it would stirr up this much interest and its good to see it people expressing there opinions with no tit for tat shite they joys of terreiers I suppose

Ken never set out to be famous he just loved terriers and the other stock he surrounded him self with s Like most things in life people talk then legends are made stories are told differance is now a days. Its all over the net people who have never spoke to the man form opinions , i met him as a kid and was lucky to get a good un that started me off , who knows what would have happened if it had been a HEDGE HOPPER. LOL

• Like 5