Following Hounds

Quick question lads and lasses ...how would one go about having a day out following the hounds is it as simple as turn up at a meet and follow at a distance until you become a regular face on th sceen or is it a invite from someone oh already follows thm....it's something g I'd link go do in the future ...cheers

As long as you not in a balaclava you'll be all right but in this day and age some packs are apprehensive of a different face. I go to watch the local mounted pack on new years day and I have a few strange looks when I'm at the best the view points before the regulars but I'm just lucky enough to know the ground. Take a dog with you ( on a lead ) it could be an ice breaker

its just good manners to contact hunt secretary..you can find most hunt details online or from someone on here probably. Ive found them always friendly...dont be put off by posh accents off some of the followers,they cant help it :laugh: ..people are people,treat them as you find them I say.

• Like 3

I would never turn up at any meet without phoning the secretary first.

What if they haven't got one :hmm:

If it's a mounted Pack ..Turn up ...if anyone says anything ..Tell them it's a FREE COUNTRY ..I'm going nowhere ,I'm Watching !! :laugh: :laugh:

any other Packs ,Find a Friendly Gent to Introduce you,if it goes Tits up It's His FAULT !! :icon_redface::D :D