One Man And His Dogs...

I have recently started a new job working permanent nights. Not so good for lamping but it's fantastic for getting out with the dogs daytime and will be great for ferreting in the winter.

This last few weeks I've swapped the usual 45 minutes to an hour walk in a morning for a proper daytime mooch most days. Anything from a couple of hours to 5-6 hours like today. Trying to mix it up and go different places every day.

This is what life is about. One man and his dogs in the middle of nowhere. Dogs having a hunt about, doing what they love, sun beating down through the trees, water to cool off and somewhere to sit for a moment and gather your thoughts.

Watching the pup grow and learn.

It doesn't matter what breed they are, who their relatives are, how tall they are, what faults they have or what colour they are. Just enjoying a life with the mutts...

2BB22E90-BF8D-40C3-B7AC-1B119A92C377_zps

E05AF1BE-F222-4B43-95ED-DA64187BD274_zps

0F80FCDE-600A-4F37-B85B-1005320F2095_zps

806725E5-552A-4FD1-BEDB-A59366E09E35_zps

F56777DA-13B3-46EF-B232-CACE60FBC684_zps

7D676D9F-4D29-49D3-B265-D7E88C8DDCA8_zps

CAAF8443-1415-45AD-8B88-41604B609D59_zps

• Like 12

this his great beyond shining my favourite past time mooching with the jukels ,sometimes in the autumn pop a ferrit in small bag flask ,aways we go 4 ta 5 days a week all yr round i mooch for sheer pleasure ,reconassinance for where game his doing well .love mooching forestry blocks crossbills in feb feeding youngsters ,plenty going on inn the canopy tops ll ta yr round ,this his where the knowledge his gleened one man one animal switched on to each other.enjoy gaz .atb bunnys.

• Like 2

Pups coming on grand gaz..hows the older one as you said she had some trouble with her feet...good to see you decided to keep her on mate.allways looks great shape.

Lamping used to be the be all and end all for me, but mooching daytime you'll learn more about your ground and your dogs. Night time you'll catch more, but it's not the be all and end all. Hope the new job works out for you Gaz

• Like 1