Clouds N Silver Linings?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Week under 10 months...    

About 6 months.....I'll try to up load a few more recent ones tonight.  

Really interesting thread and I would love to see the spaniel x whippet.

Seen this cross in 1979 when my mates whippet got caught by the spaniel, very one paced with no gears, run all day but wouldn't catch much, we tried her in Scotland on the mountain hares but she still never had the dash to finish them, maybe another running dog back over would see a better cross, atb, WM

At first I thought no chance then after seeing the pics.

What a handy little tool in the right situation. They'll have they're limits but I'm the added attributes will make a very good little moocher.

How is the older pup for pace ?

Whippets don't always cross well to a bigger heavier cross in the first cross

We're as a taller dog such as a greyhound or I suppose saluki tend to throw a more running dog shape.

I ran a 21 tts beddy x grey dog five seasons lamping mooching had allsorts, me pal had collie whip grey, odd nights on odd quarry ya needed or thought ya needed more height, more than likely no dog would of caught lol dont matter what sort of dog or cross theres always compromise , cant see these being smaller than that or beddy x whip cross, by the looks of wuyangs they make handy average size, I do like the stamina aspect, nowt worse than travelling to hunt n dogs paggered after couple hard runs, feet also looking very good on em, suppose the downsides wont show till they older lol

first couple off too new homes today , am looking forward too rest gone then start enjoying me own pair, great time for pups Is summer

HI THERE I have work my whip x span for 4 years I bred it out of my ess bitch two a black kc whippet dog what was a very good thing you right they do lack a gear but my will hunt all day every day it will jump eney think in frunt of it and will point as good as a pointer will catch eney where at its best on the moor. I have line pure whippet bitch just two get that better gear I will try two get some pic up some time :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1

I wanted springer in my lurcher and I don't regret it.........here is a link to youtube which you might find interesting...... This is not my bitch.......I believe this one to have a tiny bit of bedlington in there with the whippet and springer......I think there's about 3/4 vids..... If you type in....... tyke471

What a great little dog, i would like something similar.

Edited by day and night walker

At first I thought no chance then after seeing the pics.

What a handy little tool in the right situation. They'll have they're limits but I'm the added attributes will make a very good little moocher.

How is the older pup for pace ?

Her top speed is not too bad and will nearly keep up with my bed/whippet x collie/greyhound/ whippet, but she doesn't have have the off mark acceleration or same tightness of turn.....still not bad though. I wanted a lurcher that would hunt well on land where there's not much about and she certainly hasn't disappointed, she also does quite a bit of air scenting.

If I'd have been after a lurcher I would have snapped up one of the saluki/ springers, I bet they're more racer and taller than mine...can't wait to see more pics as they mature.

I think there's also someone on here who has a Brittany spaniel lurcher, nice and racey..cracking looking dog.

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/269980-1st-x-half-x-whirrier-experience-and-pics-wanted/

Edited by wuyang