Clouds N Silver Linings?

Over the last two seasons ive lost the engine room of my pack of dogs, first my terrier died of old age, then only months later my beddy grey bitch was pts after hunting accident, they formed the centre of my team. They both flushed quarry for the salukis n coursing pups i keep, they also worked flushing to my hawk, the terrier ratted and done other bits, beddy x was also lamped, providing food for birds in moult. So the pair of em been a right loss

annyhows the terier was replaced with a springer, she been a pleasure to trainnwork and own, in part replacing the terrier, great with birds, also cracking to work with lurchers. Wife decided too breed her, mother in law plus mates wanted pups, so used me pals field trial n shooting dog , lovely animal great hunter, pups come only too find my saluki got there first aaaagggghhh

so there we are one bad situation, however my friend works pointer crosses, another whirrier x spaniel, so we gunna give a pair a go as bushers moochers lampers work with birds, in laws keeping one, pals took a couple so happy days lol, anyone seenbthis sort or worked em before, likesay could of gone got beddy grey, but working beddy hard to find , grey not so, cant see these suffering poor feet or lack of wind lol butbthe comprimises are sure too show, be interesting though, silver lining? Lol

20140502_131543-1_zps79da10bc.jpg

20140426_195843-1-1_zps0a0c4956.jpg

20140501_213340-1_zps4bc5cf2a.jpg

Edited by arcticgun
  • Like 1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Week under 10 months...    

About 6 months.....I'll try to up load a few more recent ones tonight.  

Cheers lads, yeah they straight first cross, my boy later admitted the saluki got in with spaniel couple of days before spaniel stud served her.Am expecting a jack of all trades type out of them, master of none likely lol like say thete be benefits and compromises aplenty, very strong litter even in size bar one bitch who just smaller, she not a poor doer though in fact she more top of tree sort, they love digging must come from saluki cos they maresbfor it, be interesting to see how they shape up, doubtless they gimme good few years graft, mooching bushing lamping flushing etc

• Like 2

I've got similar........sire lurcher x working springer.....( was told sire was greyhound...it wasn't...smoothed haired lurcher) bitch was a gamekeepers springer...accidental mating, mine was last in litter. Now ten months old, about 20 inch.

I did see some sprocker x saluki/ greyhound advertised locally not long back.

Post some pics in next 24 hrs.

Fair play, you could have stuck them in the Countrymans Weekly as the new "wonder cross" for £500 a pup but you've been honest and it looks like they're getting the best available start in life.

Who knows,You could end up having some right fun and sport with them.

• Like 1