Durham & Northumberland Wt Club Show. 11Th May

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

this is why I dont go to many shows, cant stand all this bollox... who cares which dog gets picked! If I was judging Id pick the ugliest feckers there just to wind you ribbon chasers up.

The committee of the club were more than happy with the judging but there is plenty that isn't suppose you cant keep everyone happy

Durham and Northumberland Working Terrier Club show Show field, Blanchland Co Durham DH8 9UB   Sunday May 11th 2014 Show starts 12.00pm Details, contact J.Winch 01207 507785   Terriers, Lurc

This is the 44th show held by then Durham and Northumberland terrier club the club has been going for 45 year one of them longest in the UK if not the longest John Morris and Colin have done very well to keep it going for all them years it's a great day out with lots of different classes so get yourself down people to show your support thanks

I used to go... cant make it this year, working my ass off away from the north east.

Those who asked about lurcher//sighthound classes.... YES they have all the usual terrier, lurcher classes. Like said, some real good folk there who keep some proper good stock... dont let the ribbons rule the day... have a pint or two at the bar, and a good craic with the lads and lasses

DnN

I used to go... cant make it this year, working my ass off away from the north east.

Those who asked about lurcher//sighthound classes.... YES they have all the usual terrier, lurcher classes. Like said, some real good folk there who keep some proper good stock... dont let the ribbons rule the day... have a pint or two at the bar, and a good craic with the lads and lasses

DnN

yes that's what it's all about this is the only show I go to and a couple of game fairs I go to show my support for the club 45 year is some achievement and still going strong I was thinking about asking the committee of the club to set a little straight line racing tournament up just with lure just for a bit of fun I like watching the racing at the fairs al ask them on Sunday see what they think

Would be a good idea setting up a lure on the field but it's usually sodden wet, as it probably will be tomorra cos it's been pishing it down all day. Might have a look up but I've got a car window regulator to replace :boogy: ....

Would be a good idea setting up a lure on the field but it's usually sodden wet, as it probably will be tomorra cos it's been pishing it down all day. Might have a look up but I've got a car window regulator to replace :boogy: ....

I a no mate it's going to be a welly day the fields will be in a right state it's a shame cos it's a cracking day when the weather is nice surrpose the lure thing will be something to look in to al see if Morris and John are up for it

Good show but shame about weather. Had some good craic with lads. But the lurcher judges wer poor I have never seen such a good class of bull cross dogs. The dog he picked first looked like a staffy was as big as a staffy it have trouble catching a rat never mind anything bigger. The young boy with red dog who got second had fine looking animal and there was others with fine looking dogs. But surely that was a fix

Good show but shame about weather. Had some good craic with lads. But the lurcher judges wer poor I have never seen such a good class of bull cross dogs. The dog he picked first looked like a staffy was as big as a staffy it have trouble catching a rat never mind anything bigger. The young boy with red dog who got second had fine looking animal and there was others with fine looking dogs. But surely that was a fix

and you joined just to get that off your chest :laugh::laugh:

You should been there to see it never laughed so much. It's a shame cause lads stood out in the rain waiting for the class for the judge to pick his mates. Hopefully the dog will have quailfied for the bull cross at pontop pike and will get a laugh there too. The dog had just been in the lurcher puppy class And got nowhere!

Its unusual for there to be a problem with the judging at that show,- its one of the better shows, and good knowledgable people, quite strict.

Who was the judge.

I had to be in work today.