Ever Owned A Nesh Dog?

Working lurcher x working lurcher..... You've seen the dam n sire....good proven workers, so your satisfied with your choice and pick your pup.......after putting your all into it etc only to discover it doesn't like wet cold weather!

Now, I get my kicks from seeing my dogs hunt up and chasing the odd rabbit and pheasant..simple, I don't have to catch to have a good day ( those says are long gone), so I think I'm quite easily pleased. Thing is my 2 year old bitch is very sensitive and has been since a pup, I have worked to her strengths and built her confidence, but to give you an example if we're in the park and she's having one of her moments she will just stand in the middle of the park or wait at the other end and not move looking like you've given her a good beating, I can deal with this odd behaviour and work around it, it's her reaction to cold wet weather that's gets me....she feels the cold and basically doesn't like it to the point when out mooching about she will just sit down and feel sorry for herself....not all the time, but quite a lot. I've worked whippets in wet windy weather and this has never really impacted on their work until stood around for ages when ferreting.....with this bitch I'm talking about hunting while walking, no standing about.

I've never in my life considered rehoming a dog, she's a very intelligent loving dog and I am attached, I would only consider rehoming to a family member who would guarantee her a home for life. I'm getting her spayed in a couple of months and going to see how she goes next season. Has anybody else come across this.

open the door to my saluki when its raining he just lay there, put on a pair of willies n pick up a lead and different story, will walk around puddles on chase he run right thru em like they not there, like HM says funny things lurchers, his son however swims and feels the need to chuck himself in every ditch pond river about, even a dirty puddle will do ,

• Like 2

No dog likes the rain.

Your saying over the park, does she do it when there's game about to hunt?

No.......when hunting....couldn't give two monkeys what she does in the park.

All the dogs I've had rain doesn't bother them at all when working. Put a rabbit in front of this bitch in the wet and yes she'd chase it of course, but hunt for one in bad weather which is what I'm talking about.....then like I said very different story.

Edited by wuyang

my bitch is ok with the weather ,her problem is nettles she has a real hatred for them slipped her collar once on a busy lane trying not to

walk on the lane,annoying :censored:

Wow....haven't heard that one before....... Bloody awful when they slip their collar like that, mine shot out of the woods the other day towards a main road when a fat Labrador came near her.

open the door to my saluki when its raining he just lay there, put on a pair of willies n pick up a lead and different story, will walk around puddles on chase he run right thru em like they not there, like HM says funny things lurchers, his son however swims and feels the need to chuck himself in every ditch pond river about, even a dirty puddle will do ,

Funny that, couldn't believe her the other day when she took herself for a dip in a pond...she even swam for a second or two.....I had to do a double take......I suppose they all have their foibles.

my bitch is ok with the weather ,her problem is nettles she has a real hatred for them slipped her collar once on a busy lane trying not to

walk on the lane,annoying :censored:

Wow....haven't heard that one before....... Bloody awful when they slip their collar like that, mine shot out of the woods the other day towards a main road when a fat Labrador came near her.

she must be able to smell them,and there's genuine panic is I try to walk on a verge that got them ,but saying that if she was hot on the arse of something she'd run over razor wire