Pennine Hounds

A few years ago after a big days shooting here I set off at 5.30pm down to Holmfirth, meeting JW at the Huntsman Pub for a bite to eat and a few beers

it was back to the kennels for a good chat and then bed.

Up at 5.30 for a meet at Edale with AR arriving at 6am hounds in trailer and off we went.

We met at 7am and after a short hunt, had him. Drew on for rest of morning but all was blank. Scenery was outstanding in this valley even on a windy sunday morning.

By 11.30 all the Cragrats were out in force on all the foot paths so home was blown as it was hopeless trying to stay out there way.

Back to kennels, hounds fed then ourselves in local pub then back home.

Now I travelled 3.5hrs down on the Saturday night and same home on the sunday and was absolutely knackered after it but enjoyed every minute I was there with these hounds.

I look forward to there visits to Scotland 3 times a season and going down to Wales with them as well.

Added attraction for me as well is seeing the 4 hounds I walked for them working well this season, one bitch having been bred from already.

With lads like PS, MD helping the new huntsman Stuart they will be ok.

LL (A very proud Pennine supporter)

Edited by Linton Lad
  • Like 4

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sounds like mr weller got a real good send off at the royal oak, my son was present and said it was a great night plenty of singers,a emotional evening, I could not make it ,best wishes to john in his

All is i see is a pack thats lost its home territory for reasons beyound their control I can not claim history with them as i have none , but any man women group of people who are as dedicated a

. Another little spot

Posted Images

GTE, it gets a bit much when you rise at 4am to get there for a 6am kick off on a wet, cold sunday morning then have hounds vanned back to kennels after a few hours. Some guys come a long way too such is their support. I've supported the P for years and will continue to do so, but country to exercise in is getting smaller and smaller with more obstacles in the way every year, hence the comments about hounds having restricted runs. It's just the way things are I'm afraid. Mr R is eccentric to say the least and is working for the cause with his hands tied sometimes. It's not a job I'd fancy having. I hope you continue to enjoy the hounds and lads visiting

. Never met a master who aint my friend lol. And i hope to see you with us next year as your all welcome. RHYDDID I. HELA Edited by gonetoearth

re. the hound box.......... for all the miles AR drives it you would think he would learn to reverse! watching JW directing him at kennels while shouting 'house'......'wall' instead of left and right cos that would just confuse him :laugh:

• Like 2

re. the hound box.......... for all the miles AR drives it you would think he would learn to reverse! watching JW directing him at kennels while shouting 'house'......'wall' instead of left and right cos that would just confuse him :laugh:

I thought it was 'house house KENNELS kennels'! :)

• Like 1