Pennine Hounds

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sounds like mr weller got a real good send off at the royal oak, my son was present and said it was a great night plenty of singers,a emotional evening, I could not make it ,best wishes to john in his

All is i see is a pack thats lost its home territory for reasons beyound their control I can not claim history with them as i have none , but any man women group of people who are as dedicated a

. Another little spot

Posted Images

Like I say, the small places. I've seen them go in wales and Scotland and they go well, but the back garden spots? Hounds aren't allowed to hunt to their true potential. I'm not having a go, I've followed Pennine for 15 years. John will find it different when his new pack are hunting away from him

Totally agree with cragman they are the pennine foxhounds so wales and scotland are just trips away not their home country them pics show a small part of their hunting and the bits of country the do have left round here are like back gardens now. I first went out with pennine in early 80s as a kid with my grandad the country they had around the pennine area was top country and they flew but bit by bit they can hunt less of it partly due to the forestry commision ect taking over and partly to mr AR people skills lol. and as for the 9am finish that very true seen them turn out on a local shoot estate not long back tipped out at 8 with the run of it all drew 2 parts and were sat in pub having full english by 9.05 that mainly down to mr AR but lets just say mr whitehead would of had none it and the good things ive heard about the new huntsman he as a voice and wont be having none of it neither when he settles in so good look to him and good look to mr weller he might not do too bad up their without an old thorn in his side so to speak lol

• Like 1

I see you are a big AR fan.

Good to see!!!

ye me and AR are sound as a pound i have a drink with him when hes in a few boozers we both go in and he as kept the pennine going without him they wuould be no more a sad day when it all comes to an end for the pennine and AR . But his people skills and the having john blowing for home after couple hours is crap. Dont worry hes been told this to his face over a pint or 2 in the rose and crown .Some of the most hardened follows will tell you he as these faults while still been the heart of the pennine foxhounds. Hope that answers your question linton lad :drink:

• Like 1

All is i see is a pack thats lost its home territory for reasons beyound their control I can not claim history with them as i have none , but any man women group of people who are as dedicated as these are get my unreserved admiration , maybe on days when they are not on the guest list and have to. Pack up early they are not at their best , I would not know but i can vouch for the four outstanding days in country not betterd on this isle , i take as i find. I found them first class a true fell pack when given the oppotunity , LONG MAY THE PENNINE HOUNDS RUN

• Like 4

GTE, it gets a bit much when you rise at 4am to get there for a 6am kick off on a wet, cold sunday morning then have hounds vanned back to kennels after a few hours. Some guys come a long way too such is their support. I've supported the P for years and will continue to do so, but country to exercise in is getting smaller and smaller with more obstacles in the way every year, hence the comments about hounds having restricted runs. It's just the way things are I'm afraid. Mr R is eccentric to say the least and is working for the cause with his hands tied sometimes. It's not a job I'd fancy having. I hope you continue to enjoy the hounds and lads visiting

Edited by cragman