The Great Escape A Classic Film

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

chan 5 serving up a treat the great escape the great escape documentary then a bridge to far ....

The Japs were told the yanks were devils. And would kill eat their children. They would never have surrendered. But the top brass realised it was that or. Annihilation.   Also the dropping the tw

Lamsdorf wasn't the japs, the Germans marched allied POWs out of the camps with 20 minutes notice in the middle of January......that had on whatever they managed to scramble into as they were roused f

i was planning on staying up for a bridge to far but i`m flagging already :D

chucked a few logs on the fire settled down with a brew ------must of nodded off 25 mins in woke up freezing at 10 past 4 ... :D

Funny how it takes Hollywood to makes us remember that which we should remember anyway.......all over the news about the anniversary of this escape.

They should have made a film about The Lamsdorf Death March........google it ;)

Wiped from the nations memory banks but something that should be remembered in my book, a hardship endured by our troops the likes of which is on par with any Japanese prison camp

Funny how it takes Hollywood to makes us remember that which we should remember anyway.......all over the news about the anniversary of this escape.

Wiped from the nations memory banks but something that should be remembered in my book, a hardship endured by our troops the likes of which is on par with any Japanese prison camp

Yeah the british don't want to remember about south east Asia.

They tortured the Malawians or what ever they where in the now Malaysia for gum off trees I believe.

Put them in Pow camps are starved the poor fookers.

That's why the want to wipe the memory.

regardless of that wilf its a good film anniversary or not i still would of watched it.... :yes:

Sorry pal my ignorance I thought you where talking about the japs death march in Asia.

I googled it.

Sorry pal my ignorance I thought you where talking about the japs death march in Asia.

just read about the japs and that march, they (japs) said to be a prisoner is like a soldier dying with out honour , so there treated prisoners like sub humans lower than dogs.Well I don't buy shit , I bet they would all as race be no different to anybody held captive :yes: there just little fu*kin cowards simple as that, no wonder they dropped 2 A/Bombs on them . :yes:

just read about the japs and that march, they (japs) said to be a prisoner is like a soldier dying with out honour , so there treated prisoners like sub humans lower than dogs.Well I don't buy shit , I bet they would all as race be no different to anybody held captive :yes: there just little fu*kin cowards simple as that, no wonder they dropped 2 A/Bombs on them . :yes:

What always amazed me was that it took two to get the message across! The Jap top brass were all up for carrying on! They had no way of defending against the high altitude bombers and a single bomb would leave a city devastated and they were quite happy to carry on till annihilation. Mad feckers!

What always amazed me was that it took two to get the message across! The Jap top brass were all up for carrying on! They had no way of defending against the high altitude bombers and a single bomb would leave a city devastated and they were quite happy to carry on till annihilation. Mad feckers!

Too much raw fish does things :laugh:

The Japs were told the yanks were devils. And would kill eat their children.

They would never have surrendered. But the top brass realised it was that or. Annihilation.

Also the dropping the two bombs not only ended the war in the pacific , but it was a message to the rest of the world but all that achieved was an arms race, and the Cold War.

Always found it remarkable. We banged on about the nazis and there racist agenda. And in a heartbeat we vaporised 300,000 people. My point is it wouldn't have sat right on a lot of people's heads dropping a bombs on white Europeans . It apparently it sat ok doing it the Asians lol

Whatever the motives it stopped the wAr dead in its tracks and ultimaetly saved lives.!

Aye RIP to all those that perished in the wars.

Except the kikes!

• Like 2

Scot, we'll never know wheather the Allies would have nuked the Nazis. The Manhattan Project only developed the first weapon in 45, by then the Nazis were beat. We blanket bombed Dresden so civilian casualties were'nt a concern if considered necessary collatoral. I really don't know but an interesting point you raise anyway. The fallout would have effected a fair chunk of Europe and the Allies so that may have been a deciding factor also. I guess as well Nazi Germany weren't at Uncle Sams door, the Japs were. hmmmm.........

We wouldn't have done it mate.

Now if uncle adolf had gotten it and would have, if we hadn't blew up his heavy water plant in Norway. I say we it was Norwegian resistance trained by us.

Anyway if he had , then there would be no land grab in the Ukraine right now. Cause there would have been no Russia lol

Lamsdorf wasn't the japs, the Germans marched allied POWs out of the camps with 20 minutes notice in the middle of January......that had on whatever they managed to scramble into as they were roused from their beds and walked with no supplies a 1000km across Eastern Europe in the depths of winter

They died like flies, many of those blokes had done 5 years behind the wire as they were with the ones left behind by the BEF.......the first forgotten army.

Lamsdorf was a massive camp and it really was dog eat dog.......none of this Hollywood comrade, jolly hockey sticks type stuff.......men prayed on other men for food and possessions, it was kill or go under.

No wonder some of those blokes came back and felt they couldn't fit into society.

Savage beyond most people's imagination and most of them kids of just 20 odd.

The place is still there, there's a museum in the town.......I will visit there one day and remember an old boy I once knew.

• Like 2