Dogs That Don't Make The Grade Or Jack.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Take a good look at themselfs firstly.

You said it yourself. . . . . .   "you know lads that go through loads of dogs"   Now isn't it funny that the type of lads that often seem to get 'jackers'. . . . . . seem to get loads of them?

dogs which simply cant or wont work in any way are few and far between. i expect my dogs to learn a lot of different skills (ferretting, hunting up, bit of lamping, gun work, trailing shot deer etc) a

You said it yourself. . . . . .

"you know lads that go through loads of dogs"

Now isn't it funny that the type of lads that often seem to get 'jackers'. . . . . . seem to get loads of them?

Does that not tell you something?

IMO half the dogs pts for being a jacker, would never have jacked with different owner.

• Like 18

You said it yourself. . . . . .

"you know lads that go through loads of dogs"

Now isn't it funny that the type of lads that often seem to get 'jackers'. . . . . . seem to get loads of them?

Does that not tell you something?

IMO half the dogs pts for being a jacker, would never have jacked with different owner.

Well said mate, I agree 100%

Remember a lad I know getting given a bitch that was a jacker on fox, wouldn't touch them, no chance . . . . . should get the bullet blah blah. . . . . but you can have her for rabbiting.

Anyway. . . . . within the month she was killing foxes and never looked back.

Just don't think she fancied getting bitten for a dick head.

Dogs are funny things. . . . . knew a lad who bought a terrier. . . . 100% earth dog. Wouldn't go to ground for him, just looked at the hole and walked away.

Rang the seller irate. . . . seller came to see him, they took the dog out. . . . dog flew straight to ground and would stay till dug to. But wouldn't entertain working for anyone but his original owner. . . . .

The second story isn't so relevant but hey. . . . . Dogs are strange.

• Like 3

My saluki x whippet was going really well from a young age then out if no where he would just watch stuff run off in the lamp and even ran home one night but he loved ferreting so I gave him to a bloke as company and for a dog he could take ferreting but long story short the dog wouldn't settle so I had him back and thought if give him 1 last chance before I pts because he was such a nice dog and I knew what he was capable of, I went back to basics and he has just had one hell of a season an I am so glad I stuck with him, I think it was more my fault rather than the dogs, but he is flying now on everything, so when a dog does jack maybe we should look at the bigger picture first before we make any rash desisions, he has taught me a big lesson

Atb

• Like 2