Narrow Boat Holidays

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

this is more us bosun ...

Best holiday I've ever been on, my dad won a weeks holiday on one in a raffle and he didn't even remember buying the tickets We had a driver but could have done it ourselves and he did let us drive

Posted Images

Top tip is check your route for locks ... Last thing you want with your gammy shoulder is fukcing about with to many locks locks ... If you want a slow paced holiday seeing somewhere different everyday then its a nice little break .........

shes on about 4 day break may/june time ----never even thought about the fishing :D

Which canal you thinking of going on Stig?

we can go local from shardlow,barrow on soar sawley or trent lock ... grantham or newark for 4 days i suppose a canals a canal its finding what there is en route

Stig, see you've mentioned Grantham. Not teaching Granny to suck eggs but Grantham canal is unnavigable. If you go to Foxton that is some classic shire hunt country (Fernie) and is a great area. I've got a mate that goes every year and has been on most of the canals throughout the land. If you've anything specific in mind drop me a PM and I'll get some info for you. By the way though I've not done the canal boat bit, there's a fantastic pub at a place called Stoke Bruern in Northants.

i know that pub, very nice it is too ;)

we spent a couple of days on a narrow boat about 5 years ago, went from linslade to stoke bruerne and back. just let the dog run on the towpath beside the boat a lot of the time, picking up the odd bit of game. stop whenever you fancy it, pubs every few miles and some beautiful countryside. wold love to go again for longer, when i have the money sometime!!

I used to have a cabin cruiser a few years ago and it was great fun and as others have said there's loads of pubs on the river but the best part was you get to see some fantastic wide life as life on the water is so slow ...but the best bit is if you rent a boat that allows dogs you can have some good sport just slowly cruising up to the bank and letting the dog have a chase or two you can moor up for the night where you want in the middle of know where and have a spot of lamping ...

Have fun

• Like 1