There Already Here.

Look at this our lasses mate saved from becoming feed to a buzzard today. There was two but the other was in the the birds mouth , I told our lass she should of left it but you know what women are like lads. I told her them birds have got youngens from last year which will still get fed now and then. But my point with this thread is theres young out there already has any body else sin youngens.

post-93870-0-32468900-1393440369.jpg

Not yet but I watched a hare today that to me was a doe about to have young.

Interesting what you say about buzzards ?

Over here they're blaming everything from coursing clubs and lurcher men to foxes for the decline in areas of the hare when in my opinion they should be looking at the buzzard.

Scavengers ???? Don't make me laugh.

• Like 2

Over here they're blaming everything from coursing clubs and lurcher men to foxes for the decline in areas of the hare when in my opinion they should be looking at the buzzard.

i was sat in a hedge at the side of a stubble field the other year decoying pigeons, there was 2 hares in the far corner, a buzzard came low over the hedge and grabbed one, got a good kicking for his trouble, if that had been a youngster any smaller than a rabbit i believe the outcome would have been far different

i was sat in a hedge at the side of a stubble field the other year decoying pigeons, there was 2 hares in the far corner, a buzzard came low over the hedge and grabbed one, got a good kicking for his trouble, if that had been a youngster any smaller than a rabbit i believe the outcome would have been far different

A was watching a clip of a guy on youtube who was shooting crows and pigeons. After he had shoot a few he was putting them up as decoys in the stubble and the buzzards were coming down and eating on his dead decoys lol.

Had more duscussion than enough about buzzards only eat carrion. Seen them drop out of trees onto pidgeons before, and was never a rabbit out when there was half a dozen buzzards circling the hill. Like the bop, but was getting proper sick of the buggers

This was about 2 weeks ago...F3CC80FC-16ED-471E-AB83-51CF83A5ECAC_zps

Must of been born just after Christmas? Not seen any young hare though yet.

Was ferreting about three weeks back and there was young in the warrens that we was working. My pals hob was just grabbing them and killing um , luckily enough he wasnt staying down and eating the young. Some of the young looked like they might of been born beginning of jan looked about two weeks old. A was a bit gutted like to see young but a friend of our lasses own a yard which horses are kept on and wanted them stopped before they set up making new warrens so I had to go up and sort them out. And made it worse because our lasses horse is up there lol. A would of never lived it down if that horse would of broken its leg with me not sorting them warrens out in the field but thats it till next season now.
  • Like 1

Yer the young are starting to appear in force round here now, think most of our southern hunting is done for the year now. Might get a bit in further north though. . . .

And Buzzards 100% hunt and kill live prey, i've had the displeasure of watching the c**ts at it many many times. . . .

Was out pigeon shooting once over decoys and the flapper

and had buzzards come down with talons forward, and wings

back just about to take the flapper, jumped up from behind the net

and hollered it fecked off, about hour later same thing happened.

Was quite a sight to see though..

Oh yeah about young bunnies, lets hope there are fecking

thousands of them this year, cos what with the weather this year

and last year, must have done some damage..

Next season we need plenty of dark dry windy nights,

not rowing boats and flippers, lol,

Was out last night caught 6 rabbits had 4 for dog food

and let the other 2 go...

• Like 1