The Saluki Cross....

just out of interest baw what breed of dog/s do you own ?

:hmm: baw must of missed this :whistling:
:laugh: a 3/4 collie grey and a bed/deer/ grey :)

mongrels :whistling:

:laugh: in there day they'd have given your plodders a run for there money :tongue2:

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

7/8 saluki grey  

some saluki crosses can very highly strung .hard to train. so can alot of other crosses .a good dog man can train any dog. some are harder then others.that is true.the biggest mistake is folk not tr

A thick dog couldn,t catch hares on a regular basis .why is the saluki cross the best hare dog ?because it hasnt only got a serious amount of wind it also has brains it can run within itself when ne

just out of interest baw what breed of dog/s do you own ?

:hmm: baw must of missed this :whistling:
:laugh: a 3/4 collie grey and a bed/deer/ grey :)

mongrels :whistling:

:laugh: in there day they'd have given your plodders a run for there money :tongue2:

means feack all mate even I can give mine a run for their money and I am 64 LOL

• Like 1

theres no doubt a saluki can bring alot to the table, but to have the good things you have to put up with the bad things it also brings

but what x would you add to the saluki x to make it alittle more biddable

them sal - bull x do look very nice

does the fearless of the bull take the edge off the skittishness of the saluki

see theres quite a few going down the sal-collie x route as well

what would you add, if anything ??

the good ones I seen didn't look like nothing on this post they looked like greyhounds with just a small kink in there eye had alote more power about them very similar to tomos bitch in his avatar :laugh:but I do admit I like bulldozers type :toast:

If the hives there to be poked :laugh: look, folk call me a shit stirrer, guilty as charged lol. But all I'm looking for is a debate, a good thread. Look at this one, a lot of excellent posts and good advice, not bad from a thread with one line asking, anyone seen a good saluki ;)

If this one wouldnt sit and stay or was a bit slow on recall im sure i could get over that :D

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9aXHRK23jxI

Good clip that. :thumbs:

This clip below, is some arabs hunting in africa, they go over on a boat, as they can hunt gazzel ect in the wild, as in their own country, they drop them, but in this clip, their in their own enviroment totally wild.

thanks for that mate,brilliant,atb mc

• Like 2

Salukis are thick. I've never heard a breed of dog get so many excuses for its traits like the saluki does. It isn't thick, it'll only do something if it feels its worth doing :laugh: it's nothing to be embarrassed about, greyhounds are notoriously dumb too we all use them. A mixture of both saluki and greyhound results in one dumb ass dog :laugh: as for saluki are that clever they box hares and no other breed does..... Err that's cos they are that f*****g slow. Other breeds go up the gears to exert pressure on the hare to turn it when it's getting close to an escape route. All of a sudden cos the saluki isn't that close to the hare or has that turn of speed, boxing is clever :laugh:

hell this could turn into along post but im going to try and keep it as short as i possibly can..i know you know baw .you aint as daft as you make out to be but for the young lads i will say this .fast is great and going up the gears is great but doing so when the hare is near cover can also loose you a lot of hares .a dog getting itself between the cover and the hare is a far more clever dog .i.e = brains cutting the hare from its plan A route (because as soon as that hare lifts it has a plan it knows where it wants to go. a fast dog going up the gears near cover only has to make one mistake and the hare gets a few yards its gone .if the dog pushers the hare out back into the open the and keeps the hare from going to plan A. confuses the hare then the hare has to depend on its wits speed stamina and and brilliant turning abilty(tricky fookers)thats when the saluki x comes into its own like i said running with in itself .if brought on properly they will ajust there style of running e.g ,small land ..they will keep the pressure on .on the big land some dogs know that this hare aint no dummy and run within itself .not like them daft fooking ulta fast dogs that go in for the kill straight away it will work with some hares but they will end up missing more then the catch over a season . A porch is fast but if it aint got a steering wheel or brakes its na fooking good and going flat out all the time it WILL RUN OUT OF GAS AND NOT DO HALF AS MANY MILES TO THE TANK. :whistling:baw i have 6 words for you .(do not under estimate saluki power.) they are by far the best hare killers on the planet.no ifs .and no buts.can you tell i have a nice bottle of merlot. :cheers: .

• Like 4

i wouldnt waste my breath answering about saluki crosses ,dytkos i have seen the odd collie cross use his head on a chase but in there third season, not from pups or 14 momnth old yearlings ,saw 10 week old pups cutting corners useing angles to catch there siblings, and had a bitch 14 month useing her head while lamping and daytime , saw several useing there head on game and mixed with a bit pace there deadly , saw a hare trying to get out feild three times by a gate and young bitch kept it out and it was on a slope so difficult but she managed ,a good hare ,every body has a standard i like a dog with a brain and pace as pure speed doesnt catch you lots of game unless there soft game not top drawer hare etc back in the day when it was legal

Edited by fluff
  • Like 1