The Saluki Cross....

I like um I have 2 saluki hibryds dog n a bitch the dog will never be replaced by me been a true all rounder but his altitude can get him into trouble loves work no matter what work I give them every morning I can garuntee hell be bouncing and ready to go. On the odd time its injured it has chewed me kennals to splinters and has been the neighbours nightmare. Will pick fights with other dogs but when he was younger was more laid back.

The bitch I have is a pleasure to own black n tan feathered strong good feet natural rietriver of anything obedient as hell but can hunt up too. But she is probably average when it comes to running and it struggles on smaller fields.

I deffo like that bit of saluki blood in my dogs now it suits me well and goes a long long way in an allrounder/rabbiting lurcher.

• Like 2

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

7/8 saluki grey  

some saluki crosses can very highly strung .hard to train. so can alot of other crosses .a good dog man can train any dog. some are harder then others.that is true.the biggest mistake is folk not tr

A thick dog couldn,t catch hares on a regular basis .why is the saluki cross the best hare dog ?because it hasnt only got a serious amount of wind it also has brains it can run within itself when ne

I can remember being at a show in lichfield about 10 years ago now and was watching the simulated coursing, minding my own business when i got talking to a brummy with a trio of hancock dogs.....now im not really one to stereotype BUT this kunt was just like the character in harry enfield and chums that couldnt help telling everyone "that were considerbly richer than you" :laugh: and by f**k did he let everyone no he had hancock dogs :blink: anyway a saluki came up in the race and my newly found annoying brummy friend proceeded to tell me (in that god forsaken accent the people of birmingham have had bestowed upon them) how that dog wouldnt do half the things his hancocks could :rolleyes: i said like what and he replied that if his dogs caught a hare three fields away they would retrieve it while salukis wont retrieve :blink: i never bothered arguing with him, there was no point, he knew everything there was to know about salukis but, amazingly, had never owned or worked one :rolleyes:

It always amazes me how so many people are an expert on something they no nothing about.....its also funny how most of them are hancock owners and have every plummer book available on there book shelf.....:hmm:

Edited by clipo
  • Like 2

I can remember being at a show in lichfield about 10 years ago now and was watching the simulated coursing, minding my own business when i got talking to a brummy with a trio of hancock dogs.....now im not really one to stereotype BUT this kunt was just like the character in harry enfield and chums that couldnt help telling everyone "that were considerbly richer than you" :laugh: and by f**k did he let everyone no he had hancock dogs :blink: anyway a saluki came up in the race and my newly found annoying brummy friend proceeded to tell me (in that god forsaken accent the people of birmingham have had bestowed upon them) how that dog wouldnt do half the things his hancocks could :rolleyes: i said like what and he replied that if his dogs caught a hare three fields away they would retrieve it while salukis wont retrieve :blink: i never bothered arguing with him, there was no point, he knew everything there was to know about salukis but, amazingly, had never owned or worked one :rolleyes:

It always amazes me how so many people are an expert on something they no nothing about.....its also funny how most of them are hancock owners and have every plummer book available on there book shelf.....:hmm:

So all Hancock owners claim to know everything :laugh: f**k me that's a bold statement..... Have you not just been as guilty as your brummie chum with your wild claim there?

You ever played for Liverpool stewie?

go on then :rolleyes::D

I just love the way you think, if you've never owned a saluki, you know f**k all about them. Don't matter if you've seen them run a thousand times, if you don't feed it, you know nowt. You've never played for Liverpool but I wouldn't presume you know f**k all about there weakness, strengths, etc.....

I can remember being at a show in lichfield about 10 years ago now and was watching the simulated coursing, minding my own business when i got talking to a brummy with a trio of hancock dogs.....now im not really one to stereotype BUT this kunt was just like the character in harry enfield and chums that couldnt help telling everyone "that were considerbly richer than you" :laugh: and by f**k did he let everyone no he had hancock dogs :blink: anyway a saluki came up in the race and my newly found annoying brummy friend proceeded to tell me (in that god forsaken accent the people of birmingham have had bestowed upon them) how that dog wouldnt do half the things his hancocks could :rolleyes: i said like what and he replied that if his dogs caught a hare three fields away they would retrieve it while salukis wont retrieve :blink: i never bothered arguing with him, there was no point, he knew everything there was to know about salukis but, amazingly, had never owned or worked one :rolleyes:It always amazes me how so many people are an expert on something they no nothing about.....its also funny how most of them are hancock owners and have every plummer book available on there book shelf.....:hmm:

So all Hancock owners claim to know everything :laugh: f**k me that's a bold statement..... Have you not just been as guilty as your brummie chum with your wild claim there?
Never said all of them :whistling: but i do believe alot of them by a dog off him, read his old mates books and think thats all thats needed to be a top lurcherman....my brummie friend was one of many ive bumped into along the way :yes: the one who told me his dog yapped at hares to make them make mistake was a belter :lol: buts thats for another thread :D

Will also add ive seen a couple of decent hancock dogs tho but that was back in the late 90s :thumbs:

I just love the way you think, if you've never owned a saluki, you know f**k all about them. Don't matter if you've seen them run a thousand times, if you don't feed it, you know nowt. You've never played for Liverpool but I wouldn't presume you know f**k all about there weakness, strengths, etc.....
yes as an outsider looking in i can grab hold of the basics but if i owned liverpool football club dont you think id no alot more about them than most :hmm:

I've never had a Hancock dog, I've had a dog with Hancock in the mix but that was it. Most of the guys I've met who have had Hancock dogs I've found have been new to running dogs. I'm guessing with what your saying its the same case with you. You know what it's like, they have a running dog for a year and they're experts but that's not just Hancock owners. Biggest fanny that way was a bull cross owner I met, he was just a young lad, new to the game. You just laugh at them mate. I wouldn't start presuming they are all like that. Although, I think it's safe to say, to a man, saluki owners are without a doubt, got a chip on there shoulder :)

yes as an outsider looking in i can grab hold of the basics but if i owned liverpool football club dont you think id no alot more about them than most :hmm:

No, I don't think ownership of anything makes you better qualified than everyone else. Same as the length of time you've done anything. You could hunt for 20 years and still be too dumb to read a dog. Do you think the owners of Man U know more about Man U than a diehard football fan? They might know how the business side works just like you know how much training, food etc your saluki needs to perform. But actually experience in seeing Man U perform.... They know very little.

• Like 1

No, I don't think ownership of anything makes you better qualified than everyone else. Same as the length of time you've done anything. You could hunt for 20 years and still be too dumb to read a dog. Do you think the owners of Man U know more about Man U than a diehard football fan? They might know how the business side works just like you know how much training, food etc your saluki needs to perform. But actually experience in seeing Man U perform.... They know very little.

you dont half spout some crap Baw LOL must be a quiet day at work

I've never had a Hancock dog, I've had a dog with Hancock in the mix but that was it. Most of the guys I've met who have had Hancock dogs I've found have been new to running dogs. I'm guessing with what your saying its the same case with you. You know what it's like, they have a running dog for a year and they're experts but that's not just Hancock owners. Biggest fanny that way was a bull cross owner I met, he was just a young lad, new to the game. You just laugh at them mate. I wouldn't start presuming they are all like that. Although, I think it's safe to say, to a man, saluki owners are without a doubt, got a chip on there shoulder :)

yeah my brummie friend was defo a greenhorn lol you could tell he was just repeating stuff he had read in a book!! If you google "lurcher puppies" hancock comes up right near the top so it means so many "newcomers" (hate that word!!!) end up going his and thinking that there be all and end all!!! Defo agree on bull cross owners lol but cant on saluki cross owners!! I honestly cant think of one ive met that slagged another cross off :thumbs: Edited by clipo

BAW you seem as tho you have justification for knocking the saluki crosses. i laugh when topic goes to cars and people say oh dont get one of them, pieces of shit they are, or oh i know a mate that had one of them hunks of junk.... you proceed to ask them well what to your knowledge goes wrong with them or makes them so bad........ blank faces followed by stuttering shit talk!!

so back to you baw, you are knocking this type but not giving any reasons why, how they fail where other types could do better, what they lack ect...... im not saying you are wrong, just looking for you to eloborate on your theory that the cross is substandard.......