Big Red Lakeland

Was gifted a big red Lakeland dog by big I mean 16 itts and not easily spannable 3 years old he had done nothing except a bit of bushing,he is rough coated and supposedly Middleton bred.well took him out today first few earths and pipes he wasn't interested in then we went to an artificial that has been very generous to us he entered and started baying then made contact he then lost contact and came out confused,we opened up chamber and he rushed into the pipe again making contact,the artificial has 2 entrance pipes that are offset in chamber which I think confused him zero experiace,the quarry was aggressive advancing up tube to get her teeth into dog, he stucjk at it baying and mixing mid tube nothing we could do last thing we wanted to do was smash masonry pipe,after some time 1st vixen bolted and accounted for still a fair bit of noise in pipe when 2nd vixen was forced out and accounted for a bit off peppering on dog but nothing to naughty ,happy keeper and happy me and for the 1st time in the dogs life he's not fizzing like a Bottle of pop in his crate.early days

• Like 8

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Was gifted a big red Lakeland dog by big I mean 16 itts and not easily spannable 3 years old he had done nothing except a bit of bushing,he is rough coated and supposedly Middleton bred.well took him

Where do the other Foxes all come from?   Sounds like you're saying hunting has no effect on animal populations? The Anti's having being selling that line for years. But if you shoot a fox (and I'm

try telling a poultry farmer that Foxes don't do much damage.......

• 2 weeks later...

If they would leave the foxes alone and get on with it they will find that foxes dont do much damage at all and the more they shoot the more foxes come in to take their place

Where do the other Foxes all come from?

Sounds like you're saying hunting has no effect on animal populations? The Anti's having being selling that line for years. But if you shoot a fox (and I'm not a mathematician) there's one less Fox!!!!!

• Like 6
  • 3 weeks later...