Beagle, Teagles, Speagles

jlove12

My mates got too speagles and two weeks ago his father went out in the morning and the dogs were hot on scent at 11 oclock and he they went off and didn't come back till 7 in the nite so don't think it would solve your current problem maybe terrier x wud suit your needs beta

they must have went for a snooze when they were out of sight mate!!! :thumbs:

have seen spaniel/beagles follow a line as long as beagles,

new of 1 spaniel/beagle would find lead and stick to a line better than any beagle,

saying that,they would be a lot easier to train as pups to be steady than the beagle.

the teagle seems to be the most steadiest in my opinion,

i have myself mate, i breed a hunt a few of them. but if you want dogs to consistantly stay on a line you wouldnt breed a springer to a beagle......... there are exceptions to every rule but as a whole they are alot easier to manage and call off than a full beagle,

you teagles are easier and steadier........ come up here some sunday and ill let you see a teagle i have going and he will find first alot of the time and carry a line ahead of the full beagles..........

every cross has its exceptions,

atb.

• Like 2

very true teagles are excellent finders,they tired out a bit for us when running with the beagles and spaniel/beagles,great dogs for hunting small covers to lurchers,

me pal has a small rough haired griffon bitch excellent bitch to find all so,and can keep up with harrierx and foxhoundx,i was very impressed with her this season.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

to many lads are using hunting hounds for flushing and than bitchin that the hounds hunt up to strongly. the longer hounds stay on the better the hunt...that's real hunting

i dont think crossbred beagles are the answer for you, many can hunt as strongly as pure beagles. try running on small hounds you can keep up with or use non-scent hounds.

kev-medlock crew.

Ive got a couple of beagle spaniel crosses that I run with our little gun pack and they are great little things and will draw but not as far as the full hounds there ok on smaller pieces of cover but there not going to draw a fell side without being dragged on by the hounds and they will take a line but it has to be a lot fresher for them to go on it without again being dragged on by the hounds . They can also be got back a lot quicker and easier even when there flat out than full hounds, it's horses for courses they would be ideal as has been said to do little spots for the lurchers or to guns. ON the point of being able to keep up with smaller hounds ,I've got a pocket beagle that's 13att and I can't get anywhere near him when he goes so you'd need miniature dachshunds to keep up when they go mate

If your beagles are fox only and you decide you want part with them give me a shout

Cheers