Beagle, Teagles, Speagles

jlove12

Hi, iv got a small pack of beagles and I thinking of selling due to no fault of there own there amazing hunters they'll go through the tightest cover but my only problem is that if they hit a fresh sent of something there gone for hours!!

I'm thinking of putting a terrier or spaniel to one of the bitches to get teagles or speagles. Does anyone on here work teagles or speagles and have the same problem I have with the dogs hitting a line and disappearing for hours or do they not go as far?

Your thought would be greatly appreciated. Thanks John

• Like 1

Haha I know that used to have fox hounds years ago but didn't have the same problem. Beagles are awesome dogs but its every time we go out now :) thanks for the reply but my question was about people's thoughts on terrier/beagles and spaniel/beagles and weather or not they'll go the long distances or not run as far? Personally I think they'll run just as far......?

Haha I know that used to have fox hounds years ago but didn't have the same problem. Beagles are awesome dogs but its every time we go out now :) thanks for the reply but my question was about people's thoughts on terrier/beagles and spaniel/beagles and weather or not they'll go the long distances or not run as far? Personally I think they'll run just as far......?

no they wont run as far mate, thats mainly why they are used, handy places in hunt it out no dogs gone on a missed fox, good ones may go a bit but nothing to the same extent as full beagles who when they loose a line will stay casting and searching to pick it up again and hunt a staler trail better than the teagles or speagles as you call them!

not insulting your foxhounds but i cant see if they were decent dogs how they would not run on a hot trail and work it as good as your beagles, that is as has been said what they are designed to do.

Hi, iv got a small pack of beagles and I thinking of selling due to no fault of there own there amazing hunters they'll go through the tightest cover but my only problem is that if they hit a fresh sent of something there gone for hours!!

I'm thinking of putting a terrier or spaniel to one of the bitches to get teagles or speagles. Does anyone on here work teagles or speagles and have the same problem I have with the dogs hitting a line and disappearing for hours or do they not go as far?

Your thought would be greatly appreciated. Thanks John

:huh: ...................... this site is great some times...

• Like 1

First note what would you expect from full hounds !! And had a beagle x span when I was a little younger didnt cast miles and certainly had alot of fun with it !! Only spoke when very close to quarry knockdd alot of stiff over when he was about

My mates got too speagles and two weeks ago his father went out in the morning and the dogs were hot on scent at 11 oclock and he they went off and didn't come back till 7 in the nite so don't think it would solve your current problem maybe terrier x wud suit your needs beta

My mates got too speagles and two weeks ago his father went out in the morning and the dogs were hot on scent at 11 oclock and he they went off and didn't come back till 7 in the nite so don't think it would solve your current problem maybe terrier x wud suit your needs beta

they must have went for a snooze when they were out of sight mate!!! :thumbs:

they must have went for a snooze when they were out of sight mate!!! :thumbs:

have seen spaniel/beagles follow a line as long as beagles,

new of 1 spaniel/beagle would find lead and stick to a line better than any beagle,

saying that,they would be a lot easier to train as pups to be steady than the beagle.

the teagle seems to be the most steadiest in my opinion,