Airguns From Catalogue

i remember when they sold shotguns too :laugh::laugh:

how did that work? did you have to show your cert first.i remember the old type SGC the cardboard ones with no picture on or list of guns owned, just name address post code and stamped.i remember i was sent two by mistake,that wouldn't happen now.my first SG was a single barrel webly bolt action 410,i bought it off my mate for £25 thirty years ago,i was 15 but i didn't have cert for it! not sure if he did either how relaxed the

laws were then.

i remember when they sold shotguns too :laugh::laugh:

how did that work? did you have to show your cert first.i remember the old type SGC the cardboard ones with no picture on or list of guns owned, just name address post code and stamped.i remember i was sent two by mistake,that wouldn't happen now.my first SG was a single barrel webly bolt action 410,i bought it off my mate for £25 thirty years ago,i was 15 but i didn't have cert for it! not sure if he did either how relaxed the

laws were then.

The 1967 Criminal Justice Act required licences - but not registration - for shotguns.

Hard on its heels, the 1968 Firearms Act consolidated existing laws and gave the Home Office the right to set fees for shotgun licenses.

In the early sixties a shotgun licence was ten bob (50p) and you just bought it at the post office! It was just a piece of paper, like a dog licence. A dog licence was 7/6 in old money, (37p). I bought my first Shotgun in 1963 for 6 pounds from a second hand shop and just walked into the town center with the gun broken over my arm with no cover. I walked into the post office with the gun and bought a licence and nobody batted an eyelid (I was fifteen years old). God, I am an old sod.

Edited by courser
  • Like 2