• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

how i look at it, if we are lucky enough to get our hands on some good blood , its our duty not to f**k it up and thats the working side, i've had the same family of dogs since the early 80's i've lin

Good post mate .Not to undo it in any way but starting with the right stock is everything .You cannot put in what is not there in the first place .Ive no doubt some lads have turned round mediocre dog

Right this is my fathers method he had a lot of success for many many years with gamefowl and dogs .This mightn't be to everybody's to everybody's style so don't crucify me if you think its wrong ! He

Foxdropper you do amuse me! i wonder why you resort to that talk is it because you cant go into to deep because you dont have the knowlegde? can you tell me about dominant and reccesive genes? and can you explain why inbreeding is wrong again?

you ask a questions, someone corrects you on your wording and you kick a fuss. get it in your head, inbreeding and linebreeding are 2 different things. inbreeding is father to daughter or mother to son. line should by rule be, grand father to daughter or grandmother to son. i dont think they need to talk about dominant and reccessive genes you learn in the yr 9 high school curricular as it is irrelevant as you cant possibly know what genes you have, other than looks. if you aint happy with that answer and wont accept if go piss off because thats how it is.

• Like 1

No what i said was a strain of terriers which has to be closely inbred to produce consistent workers or whatever traits you want. It is not me who is getting confused between linebreeding and inbreeding foxdropper has pmd me saying that linebreeding is controlled inbreeding. which is totally wrong as you say inbreeding is closer matings i.e father daughter which was what i was saying does anybody do and how have they got on? ken gould said to a mate of mine that you cant go too close he was on about generation after generation of close inbreeding and he produce the base stock to most black dogs that work.

I said i was done here but this fool is winding me up .Inbreeding is the mating of ANY related animals.Line breeding is the controlled version of this . Father to daughter is the base start line .what you do thereafter is down to to what your aims are .

Your origin of the black dog is a few decades out too.Probably down to your age and those you look up to.

I said i was done here but this fool is winding me up .Inbreeding is the mating of ANY related animals.Line breeding is the controlled version of this . Father to daughter is the base start line .what you do thereafter is down to to what your aims are .

Your origin of the black dog is a few decades out too.Probably down to your age and those you look up to.

Fool another insult you do not act your age mate and you should learn to have a disccusion rather shouting insults like a moron. Did i say ken gould was the origin of the black dog i said he had a massive influence on the black dog. And with anything like the breeding of game fowl or game dogs the most consistent producers of working stock inbreed there stock again and again. line breeding as rob said is not as close as inbreeding the stock are not as closely related.