Gundogs +Theft ?

was just thinking when reading the dog thief post, if gundogs labs, springer's, etc. .. get pinched as well. ? We all know runnings dogs + terries and some ped show dogs get lifted , but never here much about gundogs been took . or maybe iam wrong and aint seen it before on here or other sites. I know there a lot of ped show dogs took at one time watched it on the box not so long back.!

yea they get targetted aswell. springers particularly from what im hearing. they handy for flushing to lurchers as we all know but some who dont hunt have realised this lately and are gone nuts stealing them to use with lurchers.

Edited by fox digger

Mate of mine put his two springers in the jeep. Went back indoors to fetch his gun. Came back out to an empty jeep! :icon_eek:

Miraculously, he later got a call saying that someone was offering what sounded like his Dogs. I don't know the whole story but, he got them back.

What really mystifies me is the fact that he doesn't seem to have found and killed who ever took them. I know two blokes, in town, you would Not want to f**k with. George is one!

There was a case in Hampshire dec 2012 girl had 2 working cockers stolen she has had a pet detective on the case and put a reward up and bless her in 12 months she never gave up, and as the anniversary came and went there was a raid on a farm in Kent where cock fighting, badger baiting, and at the farm was a load of stolen dogs. After checking microchip they reunited the owner with the dog 13 months later.

Turns out the dog had a litter of pups whilst it had been away, so someone has a pup and if there is paperwork it will be forged or someone has a w/ cocker without paperwork.

I really hope they throw the book at them

There was a case in Hampshire dec 2012 girl had 2 working cockers stolen she has had a pet detective on the case and put a reward up and bless her in 12 months she never gave up, and as the anniversary came and went there was a raid on a farm in Kent where cock fighting, badger baiting, and at the farm was a load of stolen dogs. After checking microchip they reunited the owner with the dog 13 months later.

Turns out the dog had a litter of pups whilst it had been away, so someone has a pup and if there is paperwork it will be forged or someone has a w/ cocker without paperwork.

I really hope they throw the book at them

great result. just goes to show its never too late.