Imported Jagdterriers

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With all due respect foxdropper..... I'll agree that they MIGHT not be any better for you than a terrier you have that is already doing everything you need it to.... But show me a terrier of any other

Turns out I do know a little bit about these dogs. A friend of mine bred the sire of this litter and owned the sire of both the dog and the bitch, named Vuk Phillip who was a son of Astor Asstraata. T

Sometimes people just want to see what the fuss is all about.....I was fortunate in that, I was able to hunt with a few jagds prior to even knowing what they were. I was impressed with not only the le

very fine examples of the jagd there jawn... i liked your description of the breed and your experience with them, i envy your freedom to roam and hunt predators/pests at will.... id have no problem trying this type out... i know there is still a good few black dogs about aswell as the whites and if it came a time when 1 was struggling to find the standard that he/she was used to then id defo make it my business to see them ply their trade and then make a decision...but i defo wouldnt knock what i have never seen... :thumbs:

• Like 3

@Accip74... I'd assume not. I never hunted the dog... but sure would have liked to. I had a couple about that size that came over that were hunted to ground over there. They are generally to big for anything but denning yotes here.

@Stop End thanks man.... I'd sure enjoy someday seeing the dogs in your part of the world and learning from those of you use them.

@Accip74... I'd assume not. I never hunted the dog... but sure would have liked to. I had a couple about that size that came over that were hunted to ground over there. They are generally to big for anything but denning yotes here.

@Stop End thanks man.... I'd sure enjoy someday seeing the dogs in your part of the world and learning from those of you use them.

jawn your more than welcome to come to ireland if you wanted to see how we operate on this side of the world.... and that is a true invitation from me personally not just hype!! you seem like a level headed individual who loves terrier work from all breeds, with the freedom to work quarry that we do not!! but if you would truly like to visit and see terriers work where i operate... start planning for next year...

• Like 1

jawn your more than welcome to come to ireland if you wanted to see how we operate on this side of the world.... and that is a true invitation from me personally not just hype!! you seem like a level headed individual who loves terrier work from all breeds, with the freedom to work quarry that we do not!! but if you would truly like to visit and see terriers work where i operate... start planning for next year...

I'd like that....I've only been once before about twenty years ago... and was only there long enough to switch planes and buy a sweater and a bottle of whisky.lol

I'd like that....I've only been once before about twenty years ago... and was only there long enough to switch planes and buy a sweater and a bottle of whisky.lol

no whiskey just terrier work its not delaney your talking too here lol... :tongue2: ... if its on your bucket list then you have accomadation... i have the terriers and the permission i have nothing to hide.. then you can judge from your own experience wether a jagd would suit what limited options i have here in my island! :thumbs:

• Like 3

no whiskey just terrier work its not delaney your talking too here lol... :tongue2: ... if its on your bucket list then you have accomadation... i have the terriers and the permission i have nothing to hide.. then you can judge from your own experience wether a jagd would suit what limited options i have here in my island! :thumbs:

I can't thank you enough for the invite.....It is indeed on my bucket list. I'll keep in contact through pm.....There's a couple of jagds I know, already on your island. But I see plenty of those knuckle heads...I have a deep appreciation for all working breeds... especially the terriers. I have no doubt I would leave with a new standard for my own dogs.

Here's another son of Astor Asstraata named Red Boy od Popa....He sired quite a few dogs that made their way over here. Most were exceptional dogs that raised the bar for jagds in the states.

65916_162835343745617_3741967_n_zpsd1859

• Like 5

I can't thank you enough for the invite.....It is indeed on my bucket list. I'll keep in contact through pm.....There's a couple of jagds I know, already on your island. But I see plenty of those knuckle heads...I have a deep appreciation for all working breeds... especially the terriers. I have no doubt I would leave with a new standard for my own dogs.

Here's another son of Astor Asstraata named Red Boy od Popa....He sired quite a few dogs that made their way over here. Most were exceptional dogs that raised the bar for jagds in the states.

65916_162835343745617_3741967_n_zpsd1859

lakeland looking dog... good size

Jawn, Hogar Redboy od Popa died, Krle and lot of his relative kept by the guy who offered his pups who started this topic.

Grof Dorno and 2 of his sisters are also in Hungary. Grof Dorno wasn't tested in natural den, all what I've seen from him on an artificial den contest was excellent. He could let the boar sit by hanging on his tongue :-), never seen any similar before.

His sisters were worked regularly in their time (they are somewhere around 10 now), all of them were muted dogs - as Serbian guys likes them.

Also dug once to Krle, same type of work, not really what I like but would die for any quarry instead to leave it.