• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

" Neo ". From the Austro Hungarian, isn't it? For 'New'? Something like that.   Your self professed " Amateur " status as a rat catcher belies your clean slate, clear visioned approach, TC   W

Is their anyone who could tell me the best bait for catching rats in a live catch trap also do you have to disguise the trap with anything I'd be grateful for any tips cheers

I live backed on to waist ground and since the day we moved in we have had trouble with rats.It was a matter in the past of if I seen rats I would get the fens out. The problem was by the time I seen

Posted Images

I'm not sure it is illegal.

Don't forget that the law allows for traps designed and set for rats (and other 'small ground vermin') to be exempt from the Spring Trap Approval Orders.

Interesting though :)

Right, yes, I have heard of the small ground vermin exemption. Sorry Ebay. :sorry:

Did find another one though, no snails this time, but this one’s got to be ‘blatantly-illegal-to-use’ :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2013-Duke-Company-0300-Long-Spring-Animal-Trap-/360728353247?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item53fd15d9df

Here’s the link to another blatantly-illegal-to-use trap on ebay (no surprise there):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-x-Traps-Animal-Mouse-Rat-Hunting-STRONG-Snap-Catch-Trap-Catcher-VTG-/171159500622?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27d9e6b74e

But what do you recon on the snails as bait!!!

That’s a new one on me.

I often see snail shells in external perimeter boxes that have been predated by rats, so may be worth trying as a bait (if you know they take them already).