Fined For Taking Kids Out Of School On A Holiday

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe if holiday companies were banned from using the disgraceful tactics they use to extort money from families they wouldnt have to resort to things like this just to have a normal family holiday wi

Personally. I don't think the old regulations were changed for education reasons,,, the old rules were you could have an extra 10 days,,,it seems to me this is just about making school attendance reco

What a load of bullshit ... They are my kids not the governments not the schools ?.. I should be able to take them out of school whenever I wanted ........

Well you don't want your kids to miss out being brainwashed about the EU, climate change and gay marriage now would you :laugh:

Dont get me started mate,my son is 5 years old and they wanna teach him about fecking muslims :censored: to say i went mad is an understatement.Why the fecking hell does a 5 year old need to know about that :censored:

• Like 1

Well you don't want your kids to miss out being brainwashed about the EU, climate change and gay marriage now would you :laugh:

Dont get me started mate,my son is 5 years old and they wanna teach him about fecking muslims :censored: to say i went mad is an understatement.Why the fecking hell does a 5 year old need to know about that :censored:

Home school him then if you want to censor his education that much.

Because state education is great...oh wait :hmm:

Schools will always vary in quality but things can be improved with the level of interaction and support provided by the parents / guardians at home.

If you have an issue with the quality of your child's teachers then take it up with the head. If you want your child to get ahead vs their classmates then work more with them at home. If you want them to get a top job then find the money to send them to a better school.

If you don't agree with them learning about 'fecking muslims' as you put it then just sign them up for the 'Young EDL' That'll help install that blinkered viewpoint a bit faster. Or just pull them out of school and run your own curriculum.

Edited by TheRealChuckNorris
  • Like 2

This is bullshit, I can see the prices getting even higher now for holidays that are in line with the school holidays. Yet another policy that plays into the hands big business. Holiday firms this time..

It's also a criminal offense! How messed up is that??

Yep, just another bullshit policy that only serves to criminalise normal, everyday people. Someone tell me how this current lot are any different from the last lot? :hmm: This is yet another example of 'Nanny knows best'..

Or... Maybe they realise that people like the member who has already posted on this thread and said he paid the fine and still managed to get away cheaper will still go away, and this is therefore yet another sly tax.. They should have just called it '£120 take your kids away in term time tax' and have done with it. I bet the initial fine amount was carefully worked out so it still didn't make it more expensive to go away in term time. If it was really meant at a deterrent surely the idea would have been to make it more expensive for the family to go away in term time. It would have actually worked then..

Schools will always vary in quality but things can be improved with the level of interaction and support provided by the parents / guardians at home.

If you have an issue with the quality of your child's teachers then take it up with the head. If you want your child to get ahead vs their classmates then work more with them at home. If you want them to get a top job then find the money to send them to a better school.

If you don't agree with them learning about 'fecking muslims' as you put it then just sign them up for the 'Young EDL' That'll help install that blinkered viewpoint a bit faster. Or just pull them out of school and run your own curriculum.

They need to learn maths and English not how to wear a condom or what to eat.

Go ask people who work in education, my entire family does and it's a total disgrace.

Or... Maybe they realise that people like the member who has already posted on this thread and said he paid the fine and still managed to get away cheaper will still go away, and this is therefore yet another sly tax.. They should have just called it '£120 take your kids away in term time tax' and have done with it. I bet the initial fine amount was carefully worked out so it still didn't make it more expensive to go away in term time. If it was really meant at a deterrent surely the idea would have been to make it more expensive for the family to go away in term time. It would have actually worked then..

Yep, they've priced it at a rate that is a pain but not too extortionate and therefore affordable. If it was much higher then far too many people would just tell them where to go and dare them to start the legal proceedings - which I think would be too much of an unwelcome distraction and cost to the LEAs

They need to learn maths and English not how to wear a condom or what to eat.

Go ask people who work in education, my entire family does and it's a total disgrace.

Righto. I find it disturbing that your family are teaching 5 year olds how to wear condoms though. Perhaps they ought to rethink their lesson plans.

Edited by TheRealChuckNorris

You need to learn to read ;)

Silly me, here I was thinking you had replied to the content of my post (given you quoted it) and you'd switched from your racist rant to then stating 5 year olds get classes on sex education. I was referring to your children and how you'd choose to 'educate' them. What I said was marginally tongue in cheek but I wouldn't expect you to get that.

If your entire family works in education and they all think it's a total disgrace then maybe they should seek another career path as they're not going to be trying their best or the best advocates for the curriculum they're working with.