Chemicals ....?

I don't know how else to possibly draw the right people in here.

I have a print (picture) wrapped in polythene. It's going to stay that way too. Otherwise the turf smoke and dust will destroy it.

Trouble is, it had a sticker on the front of the plastic wrap. I managed to soak and scratch that off. But, now I'm left with the adhesive.

What might I use, to remove the glue residue, without melting the plastic or even ~ god forbid! ~ going straight through that and damaging the print?

I've tried 'Rubbing Alcohol'. No good. Anyone know anything clever, please?

Isopropyl Alcohol was the first thing I tried, after plain water. Water got rid of the paper. Now I have the adhesive to deal with.

Tried liquid soap too. I'm figuring washing up liquid will do no better.

Butter? I can get some of that, tomorrow. Wonder if vegetable oil will be as good?

Reason I want the hermetically sealed wrap in place is that I burn a turf stove here. You probably wouldn't be familiar with that? Believe me; It causes a sort of pinkish soot that settles on Everything. In a year or two, this print would be impregnated and ruined. The state of my window blind shows me that.

It's a limited edition print of " Out of the Traps ", by the way. Lower right, Here. Nice :)

Isopropyl Alcohol was the first thing I tried, after plain water. Water got rid of the paper. Now I have the adhesive to deal with.

Tried liquid soap too. I'm figuring washing up liquid will do no better.

Butter? I can get some of that, tomorrow. Wonder if vegetable oil will be as good?

Reason I want the hermetically sealed wrap in place is that I burn a turf stove here. You probably wouldn't be familiar with that? Believe me; It causes a sort of pinkish soot that settles on Everything. In a year or two, this print would be impregnated and ruined. The state of my window blind shows me that.

It's a limited edition print of " Out of the Traps ", by the way. Lower right, Here. Nice :)

why didnt you just say that,sounds a lot better than wrapped in polythene :D

Pete their is a proper solvent for removing label adhesive , I bought some a while back .I will delve into the inner workings of the workshop tomorrow & try to find it ..I put it somewhere safe in case I needed it again , so it will take some finding .

Pete their is a proper solvent for removing label adhesive , I bought some a while back .I will delve into the inner workings of the workshop tomorrow & try to find it ..I put it somewhere safe in case I needed it again , so it will take some finding .

i use the same its a godsend :thumbs: pete why not frame it ?