Stallion Kills 4 Year Old

Boy, four, killed by horse on farm near Lesmahagow

36 minutes ago

A four-year-old boy has died after apparently being crushed by a horse at his family's farm.

The incident happened at Kypehall Farm, near Lesmahagow in South Lanarkshire, on Thursday afternoon.

The boy, who has been named locally as Matthew Young, was taken to Wishaw General Hospital but died from his injuries a short time later.

A Police Scotland spokeswoman said there were no suspicious circumstances surrounding his death.

A postmortem examination will be held to establish the exact cause.

A relative of the boy declined to comment when contacted by BBC Scotland.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And that's the reason i hate horses.

Horses are amazing animals not to be underestimated. I've worked with them most of my life and you have to admire them. A prey animal that allows a predator on its back. For such a large animal it's r

Did some work for a fella few years back, his mrs and daughter were loading a horse in to a horse box!   Horse went in and as they lifted the gate up he wanted out and the gate come down and killed

Fookin hell. R.I.P little `un. A stallion charged me and the Mrs the other week, bit scary. Thought it was a it weird, a big single horse, where usually theres 5 or 6 in this paddock, its a public right of way. Then when it charged, it dawned on me.. The Mrs was bent over sorting out her wellies at the time, one on, one off panicking like fook. I had to make myself look big and make some noise, waving my arms. The Mrs takes the piss out of me now, but I can tell you she was far from the piss taking when I had to stand in between her and a horse steaming at us. Fooking noise of it galloping was scary enough.

ive never trusted horses since i seen one boot and kill one our family lurchers as a young lad, and no,it wasnt running round worrying the horse.

i was at a show a couple of years back and saw one girl kicked square in the chest by her own horse, sturnum and ribs broken, knocked her clean in the air, fooking sickener to witness.

RIP to the poor little lad.

• Like 1

remember lamping one night and the dog was locked on to its quarry turned around and there was about 20 horses galloping towards us never jumped a fence as fast in my life lol, then there was the police horses at football......Horrible things.

RIP to the little boy

Poor lad. What a way to go.

I like looking at them but feck getting in a field with them, same goes for cattle...stevie will tell you when we're ferreting i go from a casual walk into a full on march if there's cattle taking an interest in us :laugh: never trusted the things and never will.

Did some work for a fella few years back, his mrs and daughter were loading a horse in to a horse box!

Horse went in and as they lifted the gate up he wanted out and the gate come down and killed his daughter,

i allways tell people about this just incase it might save someone els.

• Like 2