What Multi Tool To Buy?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another blurry beauty paulus, all they tools look the same.... In fact it looks like a f***ing dead rhino

f**k all wrong with my photos, they all masterpieces I'll have you know Davie blunkett

Posted Images

That looks tidy. How much did that set you back?

Are the blades on them any good?

If your asking me gaj? It cost about £90 inc post from states.

The blades about as good as your going to get on a multi tool.

That looks tidy. How much did that set you back?

Are the blades on them any good?

If your asking me gaj? It cost about £90 inc post from states.

The blades about as good as your going to get on a multi tool.

Yeah I was sorry I'm on my phone and forgot to quote.

Looks a decent bit of kit and price seems decent too.

Does it work out cheaper to get them from the states?

To be fair gaj it's a gun tool and catered for shooters. Without knowing what your into it may not be the tool for you??

Yes it's a nice bit if kit but as I said earlier. I am not using it for the purposes it was intended.

However I have found uses for the tools it has.

I use the wire cutters and crimpers. And the pliers more or less daily with my line of work. The knife is ok and the saw I never use. But hey!! The call may arise. Who knows.

The scraping tool has its uses and the Explosives spike unscrews and a rifle barrel cleaning rod screws on.

The screwdrivers are handy. Caribener clip is handy as is the chord cutter.

The hammer function is neither here nor there and I don't have an assault rifle to use the un jammer function.

Now for the money. £180 uk. Would I buy it? Probably not. But as I said, it was a gift from my kids.

Although you can take it in bits leatherman don't do replacement bits. Such as the knife or saw blade. The scraper can be replaced.

Yes. Buy from the states. My kids got this for less than half price. But with a wait and it was late for my b'day.

Again. As I said earlier. Find a tool which suits your needs. Not because it looks good. I use mine daily. Not for intended purpose but it's bloody useful.

Victor inox do army knives with a spoon and fork on. Plus a magnifying glass.

As nice as they are, no use to me.

When was the last time you used a fish de scaler!!

:thumbs:

I've had 2 gerbers. . . . . Never again, am going Leatherman from now on.

My gerbers were brittle and corroded and broke.

The knives I have and keep as proven performers are:

SAK Huntsman

EKA Swede No:8

Opinel No:6

Multi-tool wise I will be looking at Leatherman in future !

Regards

Matt

To be fair gaj it's a gun tool and catered for shooters. Without knowing what your into it may not be the tool for you??

Yes it's a nice bit if kit but as I said earlier. I am not using it for the purposes it was intended.

However I have found uses for the tools it has.

I use the wire cutters and crimpers. And the pliers more or less daily with my line of work. The knife is ok and the saw I never use. But hey!! The call may arise. Who knows.

The scraping tool has its uses and the Explosives spike unscrews and a rifle barrel cleaning rod screws on.

The screwdrivers are handy. Caribener clip is handy as is the chord cutter.

The hammer function is neither here nor there and I don't have an assault rifle to use the un jammer function.

Now for the money. £180 uk. Would I buy it? Probably not. But as I said, it was a gift from my kids.

Although you can take it in bits leatherman don't do replacement bits. Such as the knife or saw blade. The scraper can be replaced.

Yes. Buy from the states. My kids got this for less than half price. But with a wait and it was late for my b'day.

Again. As I said earlier. Find a tool which suits your needs. Not because it looks good. I use mine daily. Not for intended purpose but it's bloody useful.

Victor inox do army knives with a spoon and fork on. Plus a magnifying glass.

As nice as they are, no use to me.

When was the last time you used a fish de scaler!!

:thumbs:

i have had mine for about 15 or 20 years, it has the fiskhar blade and the saw is any jig saw blade you require, there is no fish scaler but a solid file, the wire cutters are spot on, the scissors are sharp if not a little flimsy, the screwdrivers have been well used and still show no sign of ware at all.

I've had 2 gerbers. . . . . Never again, am going Leatherman from now on.

My gerbers were brittle and corroded and broke.

The knives I have and keep as proven performers are:

SAK Huntsman

EKA Swede No:8

Opinel No:6

Multi-tool wise I will be looking at Leatherman in future !

Regards

Matt

mine is stainless so it can not rust and has been well abused but has never let me down, :hmm:

• 2 weeks later...

Another vote for Gerber here, specifically the legend 800. Had mine for about 10years and it's miles better than any leatherman I've ever seen (and I've seen them all cos I used to sell them!) Best thing about the legend is the saw blade is interchangeable and accepts any standard fit jigsaw blade, so if it breaks no worries. Also of its not the right profile for the job just change it! The whole thing is much more shaped and therefore comfortable to hold and use also, leathermans are just rectangular and uncomfortable to hold. My 2 pence!

Jim