How Often Do You Miss

I very rarely miss with the rifle, shotgun is a different matter!

If I miss I check the zero asap, usually find it is spot on, give myself the proverbial kick up the bum, confidence is restored and then it's back to normal. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Regarding missing it happens, depends on the rifle, person behind it, snatching the trigger, adrenalin, I shoot off the landrover bonnet with a centrefire, and even with a bipod you get movement, I've missed a few through it, so use a shooting bag on the bonnet and its a lot better, being on the floor with bipod, is ideal but you dont always have the right elevation to shoot..

went out for the first time today having not shot for around 8 months (health and personal reasons) anyway I normally hit around 85/90% of the clays good clean shatters.

today I hit 6 from 50 absolutely diabolical, as mentioned earlier I found I was stopping as I pulled the trigger which I never used to do and was missing a lot behind, so note to self "get out more"

Regarding missing it happens, depends on the rifle, person behind it, snatching the trigger, adrenalin, I shoot off the landrover bonnet with a centrefire, and even with a bipod you get movement, I've missed a few through it, so use a shooting bag on the bonnet and its a lot better, being on the floor with bipod, is ideal but you dont always have the right elevation to shoot..

Have you ever used a shooting bipod stick Ian? I haven't but wondered if these were the answer as they give you the elevation to get a background in most circumstances.

eg. http://www.uttings.co.uk/p109735-deben-bipod-shooting-stick-ss7002/?gclid=CJqlyq7Z37sCFZLKtAodsg4AFw#.UsV3KrSAo4g (this was the 1st one I found on google not a recommendation or otherwise).

There's a more expensive version from another manufacturer here: http://www.bushwear.co.uk/Product/primos-trigger-stick-tall-bipod-gen-2

I know they're popular with some deer hunters but was interested to hear opinions on their usefulness otherwise.

Edited by Alsone

null_zps10340224.jpg

They are fairly useful. Especially as mentioned with elevation and back stop issues. Two thirds of my land is saturated and it isn't much fun laying down in the mud.

Not really any faults other than it's something else to carry

Have you ever used a shooting bipod stick Ian? I haven't but wondered if these were the answer as they give you the elevation to get a background in most circumstances.

eg. http://www.uttings.co.uk/p109735-deben-bipod-shooting-stick-ss7002/?gclid=CJqlyq7Z37sCFZLKtAodsg4AFw#.UsV3KrSAo4g (this was the 1st one I found on google not a recommendation or otherwise).

There's a more expensive version from another manufacturer here: http://www.bushwear.co.uk/Product/primos-trigger-stick-tall-bipod-gen-2

I know they're popular with some deer hunters but was interested to hear opinions on their usefulness otherwise.

These are my latest set of sticks ,can be used either standing , sittin/kneeling or prone ..lightweight carbon fibre they are rock steady

post-81636-0-77653600-1388690009_thumb.jpg