Lurcher Collars

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I want the new tapered SS ones but these fukin older ones wont wear out,i have them years now and still as good as new.the dog will be dead before the collar is gone,lol

Because if nobody talked about it then we wouldn't know the craic.   Take all the free advertising you can get. Hasn't been 1 person said that your collars are poor quality or that they are not fit

Only one name for me.. StrongStuff!! Does exactly what it says on the tin   I have one here 4-5 years old and still perfect

Only one name for me.. StrongStuff!! Does exactly what it says on the tin :yes:

I have one here 4-5 years old and still perfect :thumbs:

I can't fault the quality of Strongstuff's gear as it is second to none..but it is a bit heavy and bulky IMO for work wise..brilliant for a walk on a country lane but not out lamping or grafting..i much prefer a nice thin well made leather collar.. ;) ...Sorry Strongstuff.. :icon_redface:

Edited by Millet

Decent leather dog collars are easy enough to source and you don,t need to spend over a tenner,even these will last the dog out and possibly the next,some of the heavy and bulky overpriced stuff out there is rarely if ever needed,imo,especially as I won,t run a dog with its collar on,the bigger and bulkier and dearer,the more chance the mutt will get snagged in it,especially running.

• Like 1

I can't fault the quality of Strongstuff's gear as it is second to none..but it is a bit heavy and bulky IMO for work wise..brilliant for a walk on a country lane but not out lamping or grafting..i much prefer a nice thin well made leather collar.. ;) ...Sorry Strongstuff.. :icon_redface:

Have you not seen his lurcher collars?

They are thin and tapered. Lighter than a leather collar :yes:

. No get a pic up of the Lurcher collars

Is there not a pic on page 1?

If anyone is interested in making there own leather collar pm me and I will gladly help you out I have brass buckles and so on I can sell or I can a kit together and you can put one together for ya self

You forgot to tell folk about the leather tool's they will need to buy after they have purchased the collar making kit from you... :D .. like eyelet pliers and hole punching pliers etc.. or do you supply them with your kit..

Edited by Millet

Pic on page 1 courtesy of Johnny boy...

Everybody has a different view point on what constitutes a good collar, personally for me it's leather. From the feedback he has received for his collars SS collars are tops for what they are. Not my cup of tea, but plenty of people like them. If you want a collar that wil last, go for the SS collar if you want one that is aesthetically pleasing to the eye and will last, go for a good leather collar.

TC

i'm not bigging up SS collars but my lurcher snapped a leather collar and broke a lead at the swivel. he was hit by a car the second time so i sourced stronger collar and leads. had them for years now they are 100% what he says. and worth every penny. especially if you have a powerfull dog :thumbs: peace of mind is worth an extra pound . :yes: