• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

dont tell a pup off for pissing, like smacking a kid for doing it? if a pup pees, its your fault because you didnt get it outside at the right time, so dont listen to stupid advice like telling it off

listen boy, you've only had 3 lurchers in your life so who made you King trainer? if you got to smack a dog to house train it then you have serious issues with your training skills.. all my pups are h

nathan john, the only reason a pup will piss on the floor is because it is inside when it needs to piss. its up to you to make sure it is outside when it needs to piss, so it is your fault if you get

Well what a f*****g retard thing to say " it's like smacking a kid " [bANNED TEXT] u f**k u on about if my kid pissed on the floor at 5 years old I'd give him s good smack and the same goes for the dog, if u wanna live in a house that smells of dog piss then crack on a DON'T smake ur dogs, a good trainer knows when to pat or slap a dog, I charge £49.99 per hour and I promise ur dog won't ever piss again !

listen boy, you've only had 3 lurchers in your life so who made you King trainer? if you got to smack a dog to house train it then you have serious issues with your training skills.. all my pups are house broke in a fortnight no problem, and i dont hit them to do it. hitting a pup to house train it just shows you lack the intelligence and imagination to deal with this sensibly.

• Like 3

theyll soon click if your praising them for pissing in the garden and there getting a tap when pissing in the house obviously not a young young pup but at 3 month they should be getting the hang of it

andy they should only be getting the hang of it if the groundwork has been put in properly. if the foundations aren't set properly then youare starting from scratch like a young pup.

if you catch the pup pissing in the house, pick it up and put it straight outside, maximus is right if you punish them then they think you dont want them to piss at all.

if you have a pup pissing regular in the house its because you havent got your timing right, simple as that. what else is it supposed to do, cross its fecking legs? if you dont let it out at the right times then of course it will piss in the house!!!!!! and then you want to hit it for doing so!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Need to catch them peeing on the floor and tell them off not to hard tho also every time your pup gets up for a wonder round let him out and if he does a wee outside praise him a little

dont tell a pup off for pissing, like smacking a kid for doing it? if a pup pees, its your fault because you didnt get it outside at the right time, so dont listen to stupid advice like telling it off!!

keep the pup in a crate when you are not with it. as soon as it wakes up, put it out, and wait until it pees, even if you have to wait an hour. watch the pup at all times, when it looks a bit agitated, nose to the floor and trotting back and forth, it needs to go out, and wait till it pees. learn to watch the pup and learn when it is going to go. dont leave it out of the crate unattended. be alert and it should be trained pretty quickly, but every time you miss out you are back to square one. you have made the situation worse by not sorting this out sooner as the pup thinks its ok to go inside now. its a pretty simple thing to teach a pup, and people should do their homework and learn these basic techniques before buying one.

telling a dog off for peeing on the floor is not like smacking a kid for it but if a kid did piss all over your floor you would tell them off aswell otherwise they would grow up to think its ok to go round pissing on people's floors so I don't think it's stupid advice at all

nathan john, the only reason a pup will piss on the floor is because it is inside when it needs to piss. its up to you to make sure it is outside when it needs to piss, so it is your fault if you get your timing wrong, what is the pup supposed to do? you should be watching it, and letting out at the correct times. hitting it will not help, if it is unable to get outside when it needs to go. and that is down to you. so yes it is bad advice in my opinion. i have all my pups house broke in a fortnight and never have to hit them. i wouldnt want to have a puppy if i had to hit it to train it. that would show a real lack of intelligence on my part.

• Like 3

We have just added a 5 month old Terrier X bitch to our existing 3 JRT X's. She is a rescue dog, with no house training whatsoever.

We watch her behaviour for signs of needing to 'go outside' and then put her there and stay with her for the duration - the hard bit is that we have to watch her like a hawk ! Don't look away for a second ! One mistake = square one !

She has had 5 months to learn bad habits, and bad habits are hard to undo !

We always remember that it's not her fault - she does out of ignorance, not stupidity. She knows no better, so it's up to us to teach her !

Don't smack the dog, don't raise your voice - just try (quietly and calmly) to show them the right way !

• Like 2

Wise words spoken here. To be honest if someone is hitting a pup because it is going in the house when it hasn't been trained to go outside, they shouldn't be keeping dogs at all, I would suggest a hamster, no on second thoughts I don't think you could trust them with that :yes:

• Like 1

sirius, be careful with comments like that or you may get called a retard like i was!!!

It wont be the first time :laugh:

Seriously I have recently had a pup who has been brought in a kennel since 18 weeks old, and within two weeks he's near enough 100% house trained, I didn't have to slap, kick or 'tap' the dog to do this. Just praise and timing, a few times I forgot to take him out side, he peed in the house it was my fault.

In same process of house training a pup and doing the watching like a hawk trick putting her out side then praise and a treat but the other day she had a accident straight after I had just spent 30 min out side with her and watched her go so called her over pointed at the puddle and said "what's this " she lowered her head and looked at me so she showed me she knew it was wrong just can't figure out why that happened

In same process of house training a pup and doing the watching like a hawk trick putting her out side then praise and a treat but the other day she had a accident straight after I had just spent 30 min out side with her and watched her go so called her over pointed at the puddle and said "what's this " she lowered her head and looked at me so she showed me she knew it was wrong just can't figure out why that happened

I stand outside with mine till it's done something, its veal standing in the rain but better than cleaning up pee.
  • Like 1

Need to catch them peeing on the floor and tell them off not to hard tho also every time your pup gets up for a wonder round let him out and if he does a wee outside praise him a little

dont tell a pup off for pissing, like smacking a kid for doing it? if a pup pees, its your fault because you didnt get it outside at the right time, so dont listen to stupid advice like telling it off!!

keep the pup in a crate when you are not with it. as soon as it wakes up, put it out, and wait until it pees, even if you have to wait an hour. watch the pup at all times, when it looks a bit agitated, nose to the floor and trotting back and forth, it needs to go out, and wait till it pees. learn to watch the pup and learn when it is going to go. dont leave it out of the crate unattended. be alert and it should be trained pretty quickly, but every time you miss out you are back to square one. you have made the situation worse by not sorting this out sooner as the pup thinks its ok to go inside now. its a pretty simple thing to teach a pup, and people should do their homework and learn these basic techniques before buying one.

telling a dog off for peeing on the floor is not like smacking a kid for it but if a kid did piss all over your floor you would tell them off aswell otherwise they would grow up to think its ok to go round pissing on people's floors so I don't think it's stupid advice at all

nathan john, the only reason a pup will piss on the floor is because it is inside when it needs to piss. its up to you to make sure it is outside when it needs to piss, so it is your fault if you get your timing wrong, what is the pup supposed to do? you should be watching it, and letting out at the correct times. hitting it will not help, if it is unable to get outside when it needs to go. and that is down to you. so yes it is bad advice in my opinion. i have all my pups house broke in a fortnight and never have to hit them. i wouldnt want to have a puppy if i had to hit it to train it. that would show a real lack of intelligence on my part.

i never said to hit a pup I said to tell it off as this dog is not a young pup it is 5 months old so I think it's gone beyond the stage of picking it up and putting it outside when it pees I would agree with what your saying for a new pup but this dog should be able to hold it in for a bit at that age.all my pups are as yours and all trained in 2 weeks bar the odd accident by watching the pups body language